• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally received grades for first economy batch

21 posts in this topic

Marvel Team-Up #8 CGC 9.2 ow (expected 9.4) frown.gif

Marvel Team-Up #15 CGC 8.0 ow/w (expected 9.0; was hoping to receive a squeezed out 9.2 )

Marvel Team-Up #18 CGC 9.2 cr/ow (expected 9.2)

Marvel Team-Up #19 CGC 9.4 White Top Census (expected 9.2)

Marvel Team-Up #22 CGC 9.6 White Top Census (expected 9.2) confused.gif

Marvel Team-Up #24 CGC 9.6 ow/w Top Census (expected 9.4)

Marvel Team-Up #27 CGC 9.4 White Top census (expected 9.6 atleast) frown.gif

Marvel Two-in-one #2 CGC 9.4 ow (expected 9.2)

Marvel Two-in-one #3 CGC 9.6 White Top Census (expected 9.4)

Marvel Two-in-one #5 CGC 9.6 White Top Census (expected 9.4)

Marvel Two-in-one #6 CGC 9.6 White Top Census (expected 9.4)

Marvel Triple Action #2 CGC 9.4 White Top Census (expected 9.2)

Yeah I'd say CGC has gotten a little inconsistant recently in same batch-returns. I got back a Cap 106 that I had graded out at 9.2 back at 9.6, and ASM 131-132 I had both graded out at 9.4 they came back 8.0's. The ASM's blow the Cap book away..makes no sense really..

Brian

...and drbanner's grades on these:

Marvel Team-Up 22 NM-

Marvel Team-Up 27 NM+

Marvel Two-in-One 3 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 5 NM

Marvel Two-in-One 6 NM

Good job RD!!

Honestly. I have no clue why the MTU #27 didn't get a 9.6. I was thinking that it had a shot at even a 9.8 confused.gif Thanks DB for the awesome batch tongue.gif I want more from that collection! tongue.gif

oh shoot and I totally forgot to mention the ASM 62 that I sent in as an afterthought with a nice spine roll and two color breaking spine stress marks. Yep I graded it an 8.0, CGC graded it a 9.2

I think I'll be waiting for a while before I send in more books :\

Brian

Rickdogg, I guess congratulations are in order but you have some big difference from what you graded the book in. Would you think of sending the ones that are way off back? MurphO, thanks again for the scan and what about those ASM 131-132 those grades are lightyears apart from what you thought, would you send them in again....ED

The grades worked out okay. Not as good as my last batch, but...

I would only consider resubmitting a high dollar book which would benefit from a 0.2 grade difference. tongue.gif

I would, but I don't have the grading notes on them. It's a total mystery to me. The corners are totally squared, there's no spine stress. The pages are off-white. Nothing going on in the interior. Nothing but a solid NM 9.4 book for both of them. I guess if I ever get the desire to call CGC (I still think it's very lame I can't get grading notes through the internet), then I might find out.

Brian