• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: X-Men 14

7 posts in this topic

Debating on pressing, cleaning and grading this one. Thoughts appreciated. 

85D4B2CA-763F-452B-8BD4-31789D715E4D.jpeg

E2057163-1A00-44D9-87DD-ABA55285334E.jpeg

21FF590F-B9F3-45ED-954A-DE6A35F08C09.jpeg

BD3167FE-A71A-46A5-97D3-B1C558F42C5E.jpeg

02D01A48-F80D-4DDD-91FD-0F7E4F533F20.jpeg

34B9430A-F839-4DB0-8EB1-549088CC7625.jpeg

If you can get rid of those large bends on the bottom corner of the book it would certainly be helpful, but this book will likely be a mid-grade copy no matter what you do. If it were me, I'd put it in a clean mylar with an archival backing board and keep it in my "reader" file...

20 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

If you can get rid of those large bends on the bottom corner of the book it would certainly be helpful, but this book will likely be a mid-grade copy no matter what you do. If it were me, I'd put it in a clean mylar with an archival backing board and keep it in my "reader" file...

Well said. I'd guess 4.5 as is... with an expert press 6.0, maybe 6.5 (hard to see the FC clearly in these pics). Nice book as is... I tend to agree with Lion, probably not worth the extra time and expense but your mileage may vary.

it would be nice to get those large bends out to help the grade but you would have to research if its worth if for you to press/clean and slab the book. But if your hanging on to it you could toss it into a Mylar and acid free board but depends on your collecting wants, goals and needs. I want to get a ASM 1-100 run slabbed as it would look pretty in my nice black BCW boxes lol but probably wont do that as there is probably no value but might do it just for my collecting experience or my weird wants. to each their own. 

Cheers and welcome to the boards 

:tink:

Thanks guys, I seem to struggle the most grading these mid-grade books. For this one was thinking if it was near the top of the mid-grade range it’d be worth it for me. I may submit just for experimental purposes still but I’m leaning towards not submitting. If I do submit I’ll post back with grade.