• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading in regards to scuffing or scratching on acetate covers?

1 post in this topic

How bout this one then. Does anyone have any idea how much of a grade kick you get for having a single line scuff or scratch in an acetate or chromium cover?

I recently bought an ebay book which i would like to have graded, X-Men Omega Gold variant (only because i have OCD when it comes to completeness and i have a CGC 9.8 Alpha gold... wanted a set). it came to me with a faint scratch or scuff. about an inch long but very very shallow. needs to be viewed in ultra bright light at an angle. now i know the graders will see it, but any ideas how much this would bust the score back? other than that it is the standard square corner, high grade 9.8 type plastic (chromium refractor) type book. ie. if it wasnt there, i would figure a 9.8.

if i could get it to show up in a scan i would post a pic... but no such luck, it is too faint.