• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

3 posts in this topic

Hello, 

I am getting a copy of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns for my boyfriend for his birthday. The person selling me the novel claims it is a first printing. How can one tell if it is indeed a first printing? 

Thank you! 

You can look in the indica of the book, or possibly the ISBN.  Run a search for some online that show either of those and try to match.

Hi!

Great gift! The first issue from this story will say First printing on the inside cover in the fine print somewhere. If it is second or third printing it will also notify you.

The same applies for issues 3 and 4 of this story. Issue 2 is the weird one where you have to pay attention to the colour of the inside cover. I believe the first printings are determined by the shade of grey on the inside cover. There are a couple of YouTube videos if you search it for a visual.