• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Shop Owners
2 2

50 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, pipsy said:

Any comic shop owners on here?

I heard lots of them when they find out a comic is valuable they keep it in the back not for public sale and simply tell customers that the comic is out of stock or make up something else to fob them off.

Anyone admit this? And to those going to take the mick go on I welcome it waste your time. 

I know of a shop that used to do this but not in the way you think. 

He did not like to sell out of a book for his regular customers so he would take the entire stack off the shelf until pull bags were satisfied and then regular customers had a chance to get the book if they wanted on a Wednesday.  If someone came in that was not a regular customer he would tell people that Diamond messed up his order and he might have more copies in on Thursday.  Once all pull orders were satisfied he would sometimes keep a couple of copies for the store to sell at a premium. 

If you came in off the street and were not a regular customer... you were out of luck. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohhhhhhh.... I see what's going on too late... ok... my contribution for the Mick... or the Mic. 

when we tag you with 'now is the time' we need your A game

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It was my mom's 70th birthday.  I was sort of busy. 

Look when we rub the magic lamp we expect the genii to pop out and give us our money's worth

Just now, kav said:

Look when we rub the magic lamp we expect the genii to pop out and give us our money's worth

Some, are not worth it. If we all responded to every n00b that came here looking for free tips to flip comics in order to make him money then this place would turn into a nonsensical circus of immaturity.

Waitaminute... 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Some, are not worth it. If we all responded to every n00b that came here looking for free tips to flip comics in order to make him money then this place would turn into a nonsensical circus of immaturity.

Waitaminute... 

:whatthe:

17 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You sound as angry as I was when I first started on the site, but I was fresh out the bin after 15 years.

People are gonna rib you,dont take it personally,get what you can from the site,a lot of useful information and alot of really decent girls and guys(see how I did that there,almost blew it).

Just chill and enjoy

@Hollywood1892 Is there potential for Pipsy to be the new Friday thread?