• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this UNREAD ASM #300... footkiller?

22 posts in this topic

Well I know someone out there is having as much fun as I am... or at least I hope!

This is a beautiful copy...

One, mabye two, microscopic creases along the spine. Tight edges, vivid color, white pages...

To slab or not to slab... that is the question here! confused.gif

Thanks to all of you who put up with my numerous posts... hail.gifASM300.jpg

FooLkiller.

LMFAO!!!

I guess that's why I need a little help with the grading wink.gif

Thanks again guys...

I figured this for a 9.6... you need to have it in your hands to appreciate it.

as I said, I have to base it on what I see... but I'm telling you... 9.6 on moderns are tough... and I see a couple of little defects to knock it down... I've probably see about 30 or 40 HG copies of this book in my hands... and I dunno... that one looks like a solid 9.4 to me.

as I said, I have to base it on what I see... but I'm telling you... 9.6 on moderns are tough... and I see a couple of little defects to knock it down... I've probably see about 30 or 40 HG copies of this book in my hands... and I dunno... that one looks like a solid 9.4 to me.

respected

Foolkiller is right, moderns are DAMN difficult to get back with the grade you want. This copy from the front looks like a 9.6 to me but I can't give anything higher than a 4.8 as I can't see the back. I would never post a comic for the boards opinion without the back cover. makepoint.gif

back cover looks pretty clean. maybe you'd get that 9.6... you could sub that and take a shot.

Sub that???

I take it you meant slab... I may be wrong or you may be onto something in which I have no idea of confused.gif

it's a nice one...

Thanks JG

Comic looks damn clean. I'd submit it may very well come back as a 9.6. Sub it under the modern level for $12 (with 20% discount) You'll need to submit 10 books to get the $15 price ($12 w/discount)

I sent in 3 ASM #300s that had a right edge that looked like that. All came back 9.6. That's a manufacturing defect for this particular issue, so it won't impact the grade much, if at all.

However, my copies appeared otherwise flawless, nearly untouched, unread, not even the micro spine dings you say this copy has. So perhaps you have a shot at that 9.6, but don't get your hopes up. Even a 9.4 should be worth slabbing though...

Thanks JG

Comic looks damn clean. I'd submit it may very well come back as a 9.6. Sub it under the modern level for $12 (with 20% discount) You'll need to submit 10 books to get the $15 price ($12 w/discount)

I may just do that... what other "hot" modern books are worth slabbing right now??? I have been out for so long I don't know what's what.

If it was hot PRE 1994 I HAVE IT!

Any suggestions to make up 12 or 15???

Thanks all smile.gif

hail.gif

I sent in 3 ASM #300s that had a right edge that looked like that. All came back 9.6. That's a manufacturing defect for this particular issue, so it won't impact the grade much, if at all.

However, my copies appeared otherwise flawless, nearly untouched, unread, not even the micro spine dings you say this copy has. So perhaps you have a shot at that 9.6, but don't get your hopes up. Even a 9.4 should be worth slabbing though...

I'd agree with you.. I have about 6 or so of these books and all of the covers seem a little too big for the pages... hard to find 9.8 out of the direct box!!!

Thanks!

hail.gif

Believe me JG you're going to get hooked again. I came back in Feb to sell off my collection about 8000 strong nearly all purchased off the spinner racks (I went direct in the eighties) when I was a kid. I did have the ASM #1 that I bought off the spinner. However I sold it at a mall comic book show in the late '70's for $300 and bought a deer rifle. foreheadslap.gif

Anyway, I'm having fun with them again. Can't get it out of the blood. Only this time around I'm being more selective. Heck in the past it was very difficult to even find back issues. Now with all the con's and eBay it's easy to be selective.

Clare

I am starting to get the bug...

much to the dismay of a few individuals (I am sure) I have been on here since I signed up at 2pm!!!

It's now 9:38... makepoint.gif

I always wanted to open up a shop but life got in the way... maybe now I can go VIRTUAL!!!

Not the same though frown.gif

John