• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #76 CGC 8.0 OW pages for sale

18 posts in this topic

Just got my GL76 back from cgc, thought it was a definate 8.5, but alas, came back 8.0. I don't have the ability to scan it right now, but its a well centered copy with great eye appeal. I am asking $195 + $7.70 shipping. Thanks! - Matthew grin.gif

I didn't buy the book.

I was talking to Juan about another deal.

You can still buy the book from Matthew.

yeah... I will always buy this book. especially since it was priced below guide. I know there's a slight depression on ebay right now, but this book is still unbelievable trade bait with a lot of dealers as most are not carrying a slabbed version of this book in their inventory. The 7.0 we did the deal for (that you got my 8.5 back for) may very well be out for this 8.0 once I see it. Probably will be. Eventually, I may just snag a 9.2 or 9.4 -- we'll see... for now, I saw this book and jumped on it.

yeah... I will always buy this book. especially since it was priced below guide. I know there's a slight depression on ebay right now, but this book is still unbelievable trade bait with a lot of dealers as most are not carrying a slabbed version of this book in their inventory. The 7.0 we did the deal for (that you got my 8.5 back for) may very well be out for this 8.0 once I see it. Probably will be. Eventually, I may just snag a 9.2 or 9.4 -- we'll see... for now, I saw this book and jumped on it.

It'll be interesting to see how this one stacks up against the 7.0 (which is the nicest 7.0 I think I've ever seen).

I saw the thread this AM and before I clicked on it, I thought about you telling me the same as above ("I'll always buy this book"). smile.gif

It was a good price.

Oh yeah, you are a nasty person. thumbsup2.gif

your book is a beautiful 7.0 with white pages. one of the best I've seen too... that's another reason I was initially like well, will the 8.0 be all that much better? But a one point addition should make for a nice book, and at that price, it was hard to pass on it. Again, on ebay over the summer, I've seen some lowered prices (although there are none up now) but I do know that this is a high demand book that dealers believe generally they can always move. Plus, how many slabbed GL 76s do you see in dealers' inventories... I don't see that many.

I'm not sure what GPA is for GL 76, but I can tell you that a 9.2 (ow pages) sold on comic link for $1177 and that Metro had a 9.4 for $2500 -- I would imagine about $2000-$2200 to be right for a 9.4... I'd have no problem paying $2k for this book.