• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you see the book you underpriced immediately flipped
2 2

88 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Comicdey said:

Is this really worth anything ?

It’s kind of a cool piece of comic history. Promo posters aren’t exactly rare but they’re not always easily available either.

7 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

It’s kind of a cool piece of comic history. Promo posters aren’t exactly rare but they’re not always easily available either.

2c

8 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I find it a little obnoxious personally. I don't care if I sell something to someone and they flip it, but asking ME to ship it to the person they sold it to is something I would never ask anyone to do. 2c

Takes a big set of balls to do something like that.  I only ship to the address attached the PayPal account.  No exceptions. 

You know that whole, "Give a mouse a cookie..." phrase?  When you think about it, a buyer that asks you to drop ship is only one step away from paying and asking you to hold onto the book for a month or two and then asking you to ship it to whoever bought it. This way they are not only saving on shipping fees but they get free warehouse space. 

30 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Takes a big set of balls to do something like that.  I only ship to the address attached the PayPal account.  No exceptions. 

You know that whole, "Give a mouse a cookie..." phrase?  When you think about it, a buyer that asks you to drop ship is only one step away from paying and asking you to hold onto the book for a month or two and then asking you to ship it to whoever bought it. This way they are not only saving on shipping fees but they get free warehouse space. 

What's your stance on people who list someone else's book, use words like 'cgc it' and 'looks like a 9.0 at least' then if someone pays the price that is more than the other book they stole pics from, buying that book and having them drop ship to sucker?

9 hours ago, porcupine48 said:
17 hours ago, lizards2 said:

You sure it wasn't a member of my Canadian harem?  I get stuff shipped to me all the time, but it doesn't mean I get to keep it.

I aint yo ho bro!

152603.jpg.75c70a3f258abc7b0d2450d55a15094b.jpg

Fo Sho u is, Ho.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, Gaard said:

- What's the difference between a dealer and a flipper

I’ve always been confused about  the point at which the change in status occurs. Basically the same activity.

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I have a lot of them but never thought of them having much value.  I agree cool 

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve always been confused about  the point at which the change in status occurs.

I think that under the current de Blasio rules it’s okay to have just a little if that smaller amount is to resell to a friend or so but if you are found with a house or trunk full you are considered to be in possession with the intent to distribute or something... I dunno

so confusing these days... 

51 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I think that under the current de Blasio rules it’s okay to have just a little if that smaller amount is to resell to a friend or so but if you are found with a house or trunk full you are considered to be in possession with the intent to distribute or something... I dunno

so confusing these days... 

how do they expect stoned people to understand the rules if regular folk are perplexed??

56 minutes ago, kav said:

how do they expect stoned people to understand the rules if regular folk are perplexed??

I’m talking about comics... what are the hell are you talking about?

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I’m talking about comics... what are the hell are you talking about?

what was the question again-

50/50 it is worth less by the time the buyer gets it...

I've told the story before. I sold 10 copies of saga 1 here as a lot for $300. Couldn't imagine it being more than the $35 it was selling for. Took a couple of days to pack, in transit, etc. Not long afterward the buyer was successfully selling them for $80-100 HERE. Thems is the breaks. I bet wrong! Big time! Can't remember who it was...

On 7/27/2019 at 5:28 PM, the blob said:

50/50 it is worth less by the time the buyer gets it...

I've told the story before. I sold 10 copies of saga 1 here as a lot for $300. Couldn't imagine it being more than the $35 it was selling for. Took a couple of days to pack, in transit, etc. Not long afterward the buyer was successfully selling them for $80-100 HERE. Thems is the breaks. I bet wrong! Big time! Can't remember who it was...

And whoever bought them may well have CGC'd them, got some 9.8's, and then flipped them for $400 (going rate lately on ebay)...

On 7/28/2019 at 11:40 PM, wiparker824 said:

And whoever bought them may well have CGC'd them, got some 9.8's, and then flipped them for $400 (going rate lately on ebay)...

The crazy thing is I think none were better than a 9.4 (unless cgc ignored the bottom left corner blunting that was common), maybe a couple had 9.6 in them.