• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HouseofComics.com buys all of HiJinx Comics' backstock.

17 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

This post is directed at those of you who are trying to fill in mainstream Marvel and DC runs in affordable grades from 1964-1974. We've just purchased all the back issues from HiJinx comics, the oldest comic book store in San Jose. While there are thousands and thousands (and thousands) of modern books, of most interest are the really deep runs of Marvel and DC superhero comics in 3.0-7.0. I've never seen so many SA books in a dealer stock without having large numbers of Dell, Gold Key, Charlton, Archie, etc. I'm also not used to seeing so many deep runs of the mainstream titles with just about all the keys and minor keys available.

Literally, what was in the back room unpriced and unprocessed surpassed the "good stuff" they had out on the floor. So we're basically talking Fantastic Four starting with #6 and nearly a straight run from 36-150 (often with 2-4 copies of an issue), ASM with #7 and most issues from 20-300, X-Men from #8, Daredevil from #5, Avengers from #7 (really deep Avengers including I think 3 or more copies of 57, for example).

#1s include Nick Fury, Sub-Mariner, Conan, Marvel Team-Up, Hero for Hire, etc. I think there was a Marvel Tales #1 in there somewhere.

Minor keys include stuff like ASM 121 and 122, Sub-Mariner 34 and 35, Detective 400, Batman 227, etc.

Best issues include the aforementioned early Marvel single digit issues, plus Action 252, Terrytoons 38 (first Mighty Mouse), first Turok FC, some late GA Batman, some Bilkos and Jackie Gleasons, Tales to Astonish 35, etc.

Again, the majority of the books are in the VG range with some better, some worse.

It's going to take a long time to get them on the website. So I would be delighted to hear from anyone by email, PM, or telephone with what you're looking for and I'll be ready to really give out some deals. This goes for all lurkers as well.

I've also got 35,000 comics already graded and at my fingertips, plus access to thousands of rare 1940s and 1950s comics not yet listed on the site, so please feel free to give me a call. You can reach me from 10 am to 7 pm PACIFIC at (510) 849-2094.

Thanks for reading,

Marc

Marc,

Received by goodie box with my Mystery in Space readers.........thanks very much. Nice packaging, prompt service and the prices were very very fair. I thought your grading was quite accurate. I will definitely be ordering again! Nice job all around!

Best, Red

thumbsup2.gif

Boy, thanks for all the PMs everybody! All PMs will be answered today. I'm happy to take phone calls as well, just to get a general sense of what people are looking for. It's always fun to talk comics and put voices with screen names in the same way it's great to put faces to screen names at the forum dinners or conventions.

While this backstock was most impressive in the 1964-1974 area, there were the kind of nice offbeat things you expect to find hidden and forgotten about at a longtime comic book store. Flaming Carrot #1 oversize signed and numbered, HG New Teen Titans 1-4, ASM 238 and 239s, etc. Of course lying on top where it's probably gotten in the way for 20 years: Wham-O Giant Comics #1. What a monster! I've only owned it for a week and it's already gotten in my way a few times!

Certainly a few boxes of non-Marvel and DC as well and we have tons of this material anyway so I'm happy to get any wantlists in those areas as well. There were a few boxes of magazines too, including Savage Sword 9 and 10 and some issues from late in the run too, IIRC.

Marc

(510) 849-2094

Wham-O Giant Comics #1. What a monster! I've only owned it for a week and it's already gotten in my way a few times!

27_laughing.gif...I still have 2 of them that keep getting moved from place to place... frustrated.gif

Marc,

Hopefully you can help me out. I have been trying for years now to complete my Astonshing Tales run of books. I only need one last issue for it to be complete.

I need #25, first app. of Deathlok. cloud9.gif

If you have any copies, please let me know.

Thanks.

(I'm serious, please PM me.)

(That goes for anyone else who has a copy.)

(I am serious)

Wham-O Giant Comics #1. What a monster! I've only owned it for a week and it's already gotten in my way a few times!

27_laughing.gif...I still have 2 of them that keep getting moved from place to place... frustrated.gif

I tried giving it away to someone last week and they refused! They said they'd have to hang it on the wall to keep it out of the way. Someone else told me that he desperately wanted to shoplift it as a kid but it was just too big...

Cheers,

Marc

Sheesh...don't get rid of it...it's an awesome book full of fantabulous art from a slew of great artists...if it wasn't so huge it would be a tremendously key book... wink.gif

Okay, the mining is going pretty well. By this point I think I've responded to everyone's PM'd wantlist. A few lists are still being touched up for people that I have a lot of material for. Same goes for the 30-centers though no westerns have turned up.

I'm hoping to get all key books, all ASMs and Avengers, and all non-humor genre books up on the site next week. Then just work my way through A-Z through the deep runs of Marvels and DCs.

We are giving discounts so if you have a wantlist that you haven't sent, please do.

Cheers,

Marc