• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Everything Peanuts

165 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 10:59 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Got my 11th published Peanuts strip (currently only have two). I really loved this one because I’ve overheard so many of these types of conversations and can relate to Charlie Brown in the scenario.  

IMG_2018.jpeg

Great pick up!  I thought this was a great piece too!

On 5/5/2023 at 10:04 PM, tth2 said:

Great pick up!  I thought this was a great piece too!

It reminded me of a conversation I overheard between two ladies in a restaurant talking about how “Morton Downey Jr’s son Robert Downey Jr (just let that sink in) has come a long way since he was in Edward Scissorhands and was dating that Winona Ryder.” Good grief   

On 5/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

It reminded me of a conversation I overheard between two ladies in a restaurant talking about how “Morton Downey Jr’s son Robert Downey Jr (just let that sink in) has come a long way since he was in Edward Scissorhands and was dating that Winona Ryder.” Good grief   

I give them some credit for getting right that the actor in Edward Scissorhands was indeed dating Winona Ryder! lol

On 5/5/2023 at 8:59 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Got my 11th published Peanuts strip (currently only have two). I really loved this one because I’ve overheard so many of these types of conversations and can relate to Charlie Brown in the scenario.  

IMG_2018.jpeg

That's a great one Rick :applause:

On 10/21/2023 at 10:38 PM, tth2 said:

Congratulations!  That's fantastic! :applause:

Is that the strip's first baseball gag?

No there are earlier ones

1st reference 10/27/1950 but just reference to baseball

1st baseball strip 3/6/1951 but Charlie Brown is the catcher

After that, strips appeared more regularly.

I love this one because of how Charlie has that 2nd gen look, the look on his face in the 1st panel, the motion in the 2nd panel, and then how he yells at the team in the 4th panel.  Also the strip being signed to a person named Charlie Brown's name from is pretty awesome.  I set the max I would pay at way more than I got it for so I was beyond happy when it closed.  If I can get a 1953 strip for these sort of prices it will be hard not to grab a few more.

Screenshot 2023-10-22 at 11.17.41 AM.png

Edited by batman_fan