• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who Should I Ask to Sign My Comic?

6 posts in this topic

I was given a copy of Swamp Thing #1 as a gift.  It appears to be in VG/FN condition.  I also own a copy with a grade of 9.4.  Since I am also an autograph collector, I thought that it would be interesting to add as many Swamp Thing actors to the comic as possible.  I will begin with Derek Mears at Terrificon on Saturday.  Would it be too strange to also add some of the artists and writers as well?  I would obviously not be able to add Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, any more than I would be able to add Durock.  I could, however, add Jason Fabok, Kelley Jones, Tom King, Yanick Paquette, Scott Snyder and Charles Soule in the near future.  Would this be too strange?  My concern is that some may decline out of respect for Len and Bernie.  Thank you in advance for any replies.

12 minutes ago, My young Padawan said:

I was given a copy of Swamp Thing #1 as a gift.  It appears to be in VG/FN condition.  I also own a copy with a grade of 9.4.  Since I am also an autograph collector, I thought that it would be interesting to add as many Swamp Thing actors to the comic as possible.  I will begin with Derek Mears at Terrificon on Saturday.  Would it be too strange to also add some of the artists and writers as well?  I would obviously not be able to add Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, any more than I would be able to add Durock.  I could, however, add Jason Fabok, Kelley Jones, Tom King, Yanick Paquette, Scott Snyder and Charles Soule in the near future.  Would this be too strange?  My concern is that some may decline out of respect for Len and Bernie.  Thank you in advance for any replies.

WTB!  If you are going to do a jam book, I would not suggest a 1972 Swamp Thing #1.  Two reasons, (1) That cover has a beautiful ST image that would be obliterated by the sigs (2) some people will not sign books that they did not work on, and you run the risk of not getting the sigs you want.  I would suggest one of two things - either get a Swamp Thing blank and work with that, or get one of the Swamp Thing movie comics.  With either of those, you can talk to the creators about it being a jam homage, and they may sign it even though they didn't work on it.  Just food for thought . . .

I totally understand, Sean.  Bernie Wrightson is my favorite comic artist of all time.  This would be more of a passion project, as well as a way to enhance a very special gift.  Like I said, I am an autograph collector as well as a comic collector.  I will certainly explain my intentions to the artists and writers if I decide to add their signatures as well.

3 hours ago, My young Padawan said:

I totally understand, Sean.  Bernie Wrightson is my favorite comic artist of all time.  This would be more of a passion project, as well as a way to enhance a very special gift.  Like I said, I am an autograph collector as well as a comic collector.  I will certainly explain my intentions to the artists and writers if I decide to add their signatures as well.

Get Adrienne Barbeau on it.