• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After What I Saw Today, I am Thankful for CGC...

81 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

I didn’t see the picture so my response may be invalid. I do know the other company has a raw grading service, that they place in mylite with a sticker grade in bottom right hand corner. Then put a couple of hologram stickers on the back to tamper resist it. No restoration check with the raw grade service. Was that the picture @Buzzetta 🤷🏼‍♂️

The guy says he ordered slabs and showed the invoice. He showed the label indicating the weight of the package and showed that his sealed mylites were sent in a recycled MyComicShop cardboard slab mailer.  

On top of that, according to those that initially responded the signature series / verification series is only allow a to be placed in slabs and not supposed to be sent in mylites.  

They deleted it with a response that it should not be posted unless there is a chance for El Presidente to try and make it right.  However as someone else pointed out that is a fan page and not one officially associated with the other guys.

What is mind numbing are those that demand that the original poster was lying or demanding unobtainable or unreasonable evidence because the other guys can supposedly do no wrong. 

2 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Probably healthier

Fast food is made of the same items as "healthy" food.  There's only 3 things to eat, really, proteins, lipids and carbohydrates.  A McDonald's burger is not high in lipids.  It's a hamburger like any other.

Edited by kav

31 minutes ago, kav said:

Fast food is made of the same items as "healthy" food.  There's only 3 things to eat, really, proteins, lipids and carbohydrates.  A McDonald's burger is not high in lipids.  It's a hamburger like any other.

I rarely disagree with you

But there is so much more to nutrition than carbs,lipids and protein 

Even with carbs there is fast digesting carbohydrates that spike insulin levels like white bread and white rice,and complex carbohydrates like greens and brown rice.

I think Macdonald's adds alot of preservatives to their burgers.

Other than that 

Your a complete genius.

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I rarely disagree with you

But there is so much more to nutrition than carbs,lipids and protein 

Even with carbs there is fast digesting carbohydrates that spike insulin levels like white bread and white rice,and complex carbohydrates like greens and brown rice.

I think Macdonald's adds alot of preservatives to their burgers.

Other than that 

Your a complete genius.

I really am.

Ps preservatives have a bad name.  Salt is a preservative.  So is vinegar. Sure there are man made chemical preservatives but that does not make them defacto unhealthy.  I eat like one fruit and vegetable a year and lotsa fast food.  Healthy as a horse.

14 minutes ago, kav said:

I really am.

Ps preservatives have a bad name.  Salt is a preservative.  So is vinegar. Sure there are man made chemical preservatives but that does not make them defacto unhealthy.  I eat like one fruit and vegetable a year and lotsa fast food.  Healthy as a horse.

I'd be more worried about the chemicals you use in your job than the food you eatlol

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'd be more worried about the chemicals you use in your job than the food you eatlol

bingo.

19 minutes ago, kav said:

I really am.

Sounds like the woman at work that claims that since her relative smoked all her life and lived until a ripe old age that everyone else is wrong and cigarettes won’t harm her. 

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

lol If anyone else follows a certain FB group then you know what I am talking about. 

CGC "HAS" missed a defect on a book or overgraded... It has happened and they made it right. 

CGC "HAS" put the wrong label or stickers on the slabs... It has happened and they made it right.

I do not ever recall CGC sending signature series books back to a customer in graded mylars and forgot to encapsulate them in slabs.  KUDOS ! to CGC for always remembering to actually encapsulate the comics.  If only everyone else in the grading industry could say the same. 

Is it really that much worse than the time(s) cgc has shipped packages worth more than the average yearly salary to the wrong address?  

Is it really that much worse than the time(s) cgc has encapsulated books backwards, upside downs, and backwards upside down?

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Sounds like the woman at work that claims that since her relative smoked all her life and lived until a ripe old age that everyone else is wrong and cigarettes won’t harm her. 

except cigarettes are known to not be deadly to everyone, but people say you need to eat fruits and vegetables and healthy food every day or else.   Eskimos did not have any fruits or vegetables and lived to ripe old age eating mainly blubber.  Not one or two, as is the case with cigarettes but the entire populations.  Food misconceptions are legion.

Eggs are bad for you no wait theyre good for you no wait bad for you no wait-

Cancer seems to be more genetic than anything.  If you have DNA that causes cell mutations your lineage is susceptible to cancer.

18 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

Is it really that much worse than the time(s) cgc has shipped packages worth more than the average yearly salary to the wrong address?  

Is it really that much worse than the time(s) cgc has encapsulated books backwards, upside downs, and backwards upside down?

Here is the difference.  We acknowledge that things like this happen. 

There are quite a few acolytes over there that can not fathom that such a thing might happen.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

There are quite a few acolytes over there that can not fathom that such a thing might happen.

There are quite a few acolytes here that can not fathom CGC ever making a mistake...
"not the same book"
"of course creep engine is good for the books"
"no onsite grading doesn't slow down TATs"

I'm all for a good ribbing, and if anything let's bring up SB's IG account today, but to pretend that the same mistakes or worse haven't happened here and some won't defend CGC tooth and nail that they are perfect is silly.

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

when they said those were 2 different detective 359 I was like you gotta be :censored: me.  They even tried to say the ink smear could be duplicated.  Yeah sure bruh.  

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I must be missing something.

You're talking about some random Facebook group? There are also pro-CGC sites/pages that delete/ban for even the slightest suggestion of anything negative about CGC.

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

lol If anyone else follows a certain FB group then you know what I am talking about. 

CGC "HAS" missed a defect on a book or overgraded... It has happened and they made it right. 

CGC "HAS" put the wrong label or stickers on the slabs... It has happened and they made it right.

I do not ever recall CGC sending signature series books back to a customer in graded mylars and forgot to encapsulate them in slabs.  KUDOS ! to CGC for always remembering to actually encapsulate the comics.  If only everyone else in the grading industry could say the same. 

No.

Those books were sent in sealed inner wells. The entire thread was started by a crybaby who has, in the past, gone out of his way to show the successes he's had cracking out CBCS books and sending them to CGC. The "India" comment was clearly a knock against them from someone with a bone to pick, and frankly his delivery was all about grinding an axe. Others alluded to it as well, especially since the Lone Star box had no place in the box, and he was caught stumbling when asked very basic questions like, did you even call them?? Oh, I'll try now.... right!

The fact he removed the thread spoke volumes on the reliability of the person.

And FWIW CGC has returned comics to me in a poly-bag in the past because they claimed they couldn't grade the book. No effort to sandwich it in between cardboard, just thrown into the box along with the slabs like it was worthless.

And I did have a slab spontaneously blow apart on me removing it from a box once (three of the four posts cleanly coming off), so there is that. :foryou:

Edited by comicwiz