• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yes Namor (sub-mariner) in a new movie

14 posts in this topic

I think Universal has the rights to Subby, but would probably have no problem loaning him out, because they also have the rights to the Hulk.

I approve a Namor movie. Would like Black Panther 2 to set things up and then a Dr. Doom pairing ala FF#6 in the Fantastic Four movie to then set up a standalone Namor movie. 

Not set on any actor but can't see Keanu IMHO. 

I can't wait to see Marvel's interpretation of Atlantis. I think it's gonna skew more to the mystical side of things. Whoever they pick to play Namor will be fantastic casting. If I had to pick an actor off the top of my head I'd say maybe Steven Yeun? He's a bit older which I think they should skew towards for  a more kingly Namor and after Minari and Invincible in the last year I think he's proven his range and he has the experience to play a complex and complicated character if he could bulk up enough. If they can get around the complications of their contract with Universal about Hulk I think they can do it with Namor too. 

3 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

I can't wait to see Marvel's interpretation of Atlantis. I think it's gonna skew more to the mystical side of things. Whoever they pick to play Namor will be fantastic casting. If I had to pick an actor off the top of my head I'd say maybe Steven Yeun? He's a bit older which I think they should skew towards for  a more kingly Namor and after Minari and Invincible in the last year I think he's proven his range and he has the experience to play a complex and complicated character if he could bulk up enough. If they can get around the complications of their contract with Universal about Hulk I think they can do it with Namor too. 

Even though Namor’s not Asian, I guess he has been drawn with Asian-like features. I’d choose Kim over Yuen.

5A9C30EA-2751-4B09-B493-AAFACBCC1CEE.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Even though Namor’s not Asian, I guess he has been drawn with Asian-like features. I’d choose Kim over Yuen.

5A9C30EA-2751-4B09-B493-AAFACBCC1CEE.jpeg

He certainly has the chiseled features of Namor, but I think he may be a tad too old at 52 to have a long future in the MCU with a big character like Namor. He certainly could be a good villain? Maybe Attuma? Steven Yeun has that "Best actor Oscar nomination but not really made it yet as a star" quality Marvel likes to cast for their major characters. 

55 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

He certainly has the chiseled features of Namor, but I think he may be a tad too old at 52 to have a long future in the MCU with a big character like Namor. He certainly could be a good villain? Maybe Attuma? Steven Yeun has that "Best actor Oscar nomination but not really made it yet as a star" quality Marvel likes to cast for their major characters. 

52?! Looks 35. Damn Asian genes.