• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thanks a lot, jerks!

94 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was wasting away in Margaritaville all day and night (yes we go to the show)... what happened?

same circus, and same clowns

11 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

same circus, and same clowns

I was impressed this year... I was standing up at the BBQ drinking a Kona out of the bottle.  Three police officers walked right past me, (I raised my beer bottle to say 'hi') and went right to a tailgate about four or five tents down.  Jones Beach decided to FINALLY crack down on the underage day drinking that is getting out of hands.  They seized all of their alcohol and sent the kids packing. 

IMG_2754.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I was impressed this year... I was standing up at the BBQ drinking a Kona out of the bottle.  Three police officers walked right past me, (I raised my beer bottle to say 'hi') and went right to a tailgate about four or five tents down.  Jones Beach decided to FINALLY crack down on the underage day drinking that is getting out of hands.  They seized all of their alcohol and sent the kids packing. 

IMG_2754.jpeg

Youd figure they woulda had better things to do.

Toronto police wouldnt even worry about it unless an "incident" occurred 

10 minutes ago, D84 said:

Did you find you lost shaker of salt?

I usually don't like to drink too many when it is hot or I am outside all day.  Strange but true... never have... 

I drank more water than anything else yesterday... I was there from 10ish AM until after the show was over at night and had a total of 4 beers. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I usually don't like to drink too many when it is hot or I am outside all day.  Strange but true... never have... 

I drank more water than anything else yesterday... I was there from 10ish AM until after the show was over at night and had a total of 4 beers. 

Show must have been pretty exciting

What you have to eat?

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Youd figure they woulda had better things to do.

Toronto police wouldnt even worry about it unless an "incident" occurred 

There were MANY incidents that occur.  When we were teenagers we didn't get to the point that EMT was wheeling us away on stretchers. 

There were bodies of teenagers 15-16 passed out on the ground.  EMT were working overtime yesterday... I have been going to the show for over 20 years with two buddies of mine and we host a tailgate... It is not our age, it is the fact that it gets worse every year. There is some truth to what @lizards2 said in that it is a circus.  When we first started going we could get there at noon and be at the main lot.  Now there are people lining up at 3:30am (saw the pics on FB) to get into the main lot and they start boozing that early in the morning.  Many of them are not even going to the show. 

There are more people in attendance in the parking lot while the show has not sold out in the last two years.  

IMG_2776.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

There were MANY incidents that occur.  When we were teenagers we didn't get to the point that EMT was wheeling us away on stretchers. 

There were bodies of teenagers 15-16 passed out on the ground.  EMT were working overtime yesterday... I have been going to the show for over 20 years with two buddies of mine and we host a tailgate... It is not our age, it is the fact that it gets worse every year. There is some truth to what @lizards2 said in that it is a circus.  When we first started going we could get there at noon and be at the main lot.  Now there are people lining up at 3:30am (saw the pics on FB) to get into the main lot and they start boozing that early in the morning.  Many of them are not even going to the show. 

There are more people in attendance in the parking lot while the show has not sold out in the last two years.  

IMG_2776.jpeg

Yikes:whatthe:

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Here they would be arrested, cited, and possibly have their driver's licenses suspended, and communication would be sent to the high school and they'd be suspended for sports/activities for 6 months..., and basically have their lives for the foreseeable future ruined.

I yearn for the days when the cops would just dump out the stuff and send them packing with a warning.

13 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Here they would be arrested, cited, and possibly have their driver's licenses suspended, and communication would be sent to the high school and they'd be suspended for sports/activities for 6 months..., and basically have their lives for the foreseeable future ruined.

I yearn for the days when the cops would just dump out the stuff and send them packing with a warning.

Yeah, no one is issuing 'beer tickets' at a show like this or at the beach in general. 

However, if you are caught with ANY alcohol on your breath and you are operating a motor vehicle and are under the age of 21, they are justifiably going to take your license and make your foreseeable future very miserable.