• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRADE IS IN: Science Comics 2

9 posts in this topic

Bought this from a Boardie many years ago and have decided to send it in.

Presents really well, however....

Spine split 2" at bottom goes up to lower staple.  Spine split at the top goes down 3 1/4".  Slight spine roll (which I can't take out because of the fragile spine).

Date Stamp? on back cover.

This goes into CGC tomorrow.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by gadzukes

Awesome book!  Such a classic "test tube" cover.  Interestingly the grading of the spine split is where Overstreet and CGC will diverge significantly, I think.  Any cumulative spine split  over 2" can be no higher than GD- according to Overstreet.  I've seen large splits on an otherwise mid-grade looking CGC 3.5.  So i'm going with:

CGC 3.0

27 minutes ago, davet75 said:

Awesome book!  Such a classic "test tube" cover.  Interestingly the grading of the spine split is where Overstreet and CGC will diverge significantly, I think.  Any cumulative spine split  over 2" can be no higher than GD- according to Overstreet.  I've seen large splits on an otherwise mid-grade looking CGC 3.5.  So i'm going with:

CGC 3.0

I'll do cartwheels if I get a 3.0.  It certainly looks like one, but with the spine splits....... I just don't know.

Yep. 3.0! I’d say 2.5 structurally, but a nudge for eye appeal.

Could be just me but it really feels like CGC does not hammer long splits quite as much as they used to.

I would of said 2.5 to 3.0 as mentioned before that spine not sure how they will grade that. Best of Luck :wishluck: