• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Millar's JUPITER'S LEGACY on Netflix (2020)
2 2

70 posts in this topic

I'm up to episode 5 and it has spent way to long dealing with the daughter and her drug usage.  The rest of the story is just confusing (I'm sure it is planned) and very slow.  I'll finish it this weekend but it certainly is a trudger. 

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm up to episode 5 and it has spent way to long dealing with the daughter and her drug usage.  The rest of the story is just confusing (I'm sure it is planned) and very slow.  I'll finish it this weekend but it certainly is a trudger. 

Yeah, way too much time is spent on the daughter.

5 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

Yeah, way too much time is spent on the daughter.

She became overly annoying after only a few episodes. Like she may as well looked into the screen and laughed while stating, "And now I will tell my father how he destroyed my life and you will see me stomp off. Ready?"

I'm another that's watched the whole series without being familiar with the source material. I thought it was just ok and then after reading about the actual comic I wish they'd just stuck to that.

I didn't mind the 1929 storyline but they all seemed to go along with things a bit too easily. The kids definitely let down the modern day storyline, very irritating characters.

4 hours ago, RickSp said:

I'm another that's watched the whole series without being familiar with the source material. I thought it was just ok and then after reading about the actual comic I wish they'd just stuck to that.

I didn't mind the 1929 storyline but they all seemed to go along with things a bit too easily. The kids definitely let down the modern day storyline, very irritating characters.

Ya, I had a hard time buying into the characters. I didn't find much sympathy for any of them, whether in the storyline or the acting. Not a lot of synergy among the cast imo.

Jupiter’s Legacy is ending at Netflix — though the streamer isn’t done with creator Mark Millar’s world altogether.

In a Twitter statement Wednesday, Millar said he’s beginning to develop a live-action adaptation of Supercrooks — which takes place in the same fictional world but focuses on villains — but that “we’ve made the tough call of letting our incredible cast out of their show commitment.”

More to come.

Ouch!

Unfortunately (or fortunately), Millar has had strong opinions about other superhero films and TV shows. Maybe this will be a humbling experience for him.

Though he does have many points of pride with Kick-Azz, Kingsman, Civil War (a small team-up film :whistle:) and even Logan. Heck, Wanted too since it became popular afterwards.

Really wish I read this thread before I binged the whole thing yesterday. Nothing really more to add to what's already been said, most of the storyline's were stretched out way too long and the ending was blindingly obvious from very early on. It could have been a lot, lot better. No surprise it will never be coming back.

Edited by Boozad