• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite comic related movie score ...

25 posts in this topic

I’ve always had an affinity for a great cinema score and the same goes for comic based movies as it combines 2 of my favorite interests . I have a playlist which is about 95% comprised of comic book films and needless to say it’s quite motivational and I use it for running. Personally I’m a huge Hans Zimmer fan and enjoyed his work on both the Batman trilogy as well as Man of Steel ( Wonder Woman theme from BvS is pretty great too ) I also enjoyed Henry Jackman’s work on Winter Soldier / Civil War and Marco Beltrami’s work in Logan was superb as well. Do you all have a fave , always looking to add on ...Whether it be for enjoyment or motivational purposes 

Thanks !

Adam 

On 8/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’ve always had an affinity for a great cinema score and the same goes for comic based movies as it combines 2 of my favorite interests . I have a playlist which is about 95% comprised of comic book films and needless to say it’s quite motivational and I use it for running. Personally I’m a huge Hans Zimmer fan and enjoyed his work on both the Batman trilogy as well as Man of Steel ( Wonder Woman theme from BvS is pretty great too ) I also enjoyed Henry Jackman’s work on Winter Soldier / Civil War and Marco Beltrami’s work in Logan was superb as well. Do you all have a fave , always looking to add on ...Whether it be for enjoyment or motivational purposes 

Thanks !

Adam 

Love these:

and dozens of others. Awesome thread topic :)

edit: The Kick- one is supposed to be Big Daddy's attack, don't know what happened there.

Edited by Artboy99

Batman v Superman has the best score of any comic book movie ever - bar none.

Superman's and Wonder Woman's themes are iconic at this point. Batman's theme is also perfect.

For Marvel, obviously the Avenger's theme is also iconic - as is Spider-Man's. The score in The Winter Soldier is great.

Niall Stenson (YouTuber) has performed guitar/rock covers of pretty much every comic book movie, and a lot of various other films, that I listen to often. He's really talented, and in many cases, his tracks are better than the music in the movies themselves. I'd check his stuff out if you're really into movie scores.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I think for the MCU this is not only THE best film of the run, but it also has the strongest soundtrack throughout. Even the credits are fantastic.

:banana:

I agree - as much as I loved Endgame , winter soldier holds a very special for me , it’s a Tom Clancy political thriller in a superhero world , what’s not to like ? I have a similar feeling for the Superhero heist movie that is the original Ant- Man and also a very powerful score 

Edited by Old_Man_Adam
I can’t spell

8 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Love these:

and dozens of others. Awesome thread topic :)

edit: The Kick- one is supposed to be Big Daddy's attack, don't know what happened there.

Good calls, especially on Magneto, how did I miss that ?!

i also enjoyed “the crow “ soundtrack thoroughly and oftentimes forget the James Barr vehicle for which it’s based

three faves from that soundtrack alone 

-STP “ Big Empty”

-Helmet “Milktoast”

-MLWTTKK “ after the flesh “ ( shootout scene )

that is such a fantastic industrial soundtrack full of many great ( dare I say ?) “ Alternative “ Bands

I like Hans Zimmer’s scores too.

For compilations, my clear favourite is Awesome Mix 1 from Guardians of the Galaxy.

I should have a listen to The Crow’s industrial soundtrack, mentioned above.

Edited by Ken Aldred

52 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Good calls, especially on Magneto, how did I miss that ?!

i also enjoyed “the crow “ soundtrack thoroughly and oftentimes forget the James Barr vehicle for which it’s based

-STP “ Big Empty”

-Helmet “Milktoast”

that is such a fantastic industrial soundtrack full of many great ( dare I say ?) “ Alternative “ Bands

I love After the Flesh, but I chose my favorite from the soundtrack.

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

-STP “ Big Empty”

-Helmet “Milktoast”

The Crow was a comic book movie that demonstrated such films could include an incredible soundtrack to accompany and enhance the story.

Still love this soundtrack.

5 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Batman '89. Full stop.

Danny Elfman theme that echoed through nearly a decade of Batman films.

And was bolstered by a soundtrack by Prince.

?

This is misleading, as it fails to point out Sheena Easton's 'The Arms of Orion' and Scandalous written by John Nelson (Prince's father). This post ignores there were two contributors, in addition to the Danny Elfman musical score.