• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics with color fading...

35 posts in this topic

Guess the grade. What you see is what you get, and the book is otherwise 9.X:

xmen_94_front.jpg

My guess is they came down pretty hard on it 893scratchchin-thumb.gif There are also two small areas of soiling / boogers / chocolate ice cream in the logo area - otherwise a very sharp book grin.gif

I'll go with a 6.0 , as the fading has not affected the darker background colors. Pov talked about this before somewhere - how the "four colors" fade in stages 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There are also two small areas of soiling / boogers / chocolate ice cream in the logo area

Nah, that's just the scanner picking up the inside cover. foreheadslap.gif

EDIT: I just checked and it was spots on the slab. Nice... 893whatthe.gif

There are also two small areas of soiling / boogers / chocolate ice cream in the logo area

Nah, that's just the scanner picking up the inside cover. foreheadslap.gif

What about the dark flecking just above the 4 in the issue number? Is that on the case? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What about the dark flecking just above the 4 in the issue number? Is that on the case? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, I took it out, and it was like someone saw the grade and snorted some Coke on it. 27_laughing.gif

CGC 4.0

I guess CGC does go by Overstreet in this case.

HUGE deduct! sumo.gif

and I imagine . . . a deft acquisition by JC 893applaud-thumb.gif

Before I scrolled to the bottom of the page - 4.0 tops is what I was thinking, and even that is a little generous. Whatever the apparent "structure" is like, that degree of fading is significant damage to the book.

I just know I wouldn't have one in my collection if I could help it. Very interesting JC.

BTW.....I just got back from War of the Worlds......

AWE-FRIGGIN'-SOME! I even forgot to loathe Cruise. Special effects were mind-boggling. Spielberg has come a long way from "E.T. phone home"! acclaim.gif

Here's the deal on that book:

I bought it for $30-something dollars blind, no pic, no notation of CGC, nada. Just X-Men #94 in VG condition - guaranteed.

I put in the opening bid, and won it. And that's what I got. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm curious about CGC's attitude about fading. Here's a link to an auction on eBay for a Rangers 35 in CGC 9.2 --

Rangers 35

Yet it has fairly pronounced fading ... it's got that common Fiction House fading where all the colors start to look the same shade of yellow ... and yet it's still a 9.2 in the eyes of CGC.

gozer

----------------------------

Oh, can it, you tiresome tot-sitter. I was the risible one in our dyad.

CGC 4.0

I guess CGC does go by Overstreet in this case.

Wow 4.0...

I'd have gone 5.0-6.0

That's quite a smack-down. sumo.gif