• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Mystery #11 1940 CGC NM 9.2 - $1 and NO RESERVE! Seriously!

2 posts in this topic

Just a note to you Golden age collectors that I am selling some very spectacular issues.

I realize this is a forum but this is worth discussing.

One of the books is a Marvel Mystery #11 1940 CGC NM 9.2 and it is stands alone as the Highest grade on the Census.

I open all of my auctions at only $1 and there is no reserve.

This issue has always been tough to find and it is nice to see it in such nice shape. In all of my years involved with comics this is the first time I ever had this issue in better than a VG/FN, with my first copy coming to me from the Berkely convention waaaaaay back in 1973 (anyone remember that convention?). Well, that copy was only a Fair and missing the centerfold, as I found out later, but it was the greatest treasure that I ever owned smile.gif

When I poured through the pages it was an amazing thrill. Not that the stories were great, it was like owning a museum piece and it was mine! No one in town ever even heard of it before and I had no idea what the series really was or how many issues it contained. The cover just grabbed me and I still think it is a great one.

Also up for a buck is Adventure Comics #62 in CGC VF/NM 9.0. Only the Mile High rated better and it has a spectacular cover.

There are many otthers too, so take a look when youj can.

Ebay Auctions

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books