• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure Comics #62 CGC 9.0 Bright up for a $1 with No Reserve - Awesome cover!

28 posts in this topic

This is a very Rare copy of one of the Best Starman covers ever created. The copy is spectacular at CGC VF/NM 9.0 and has brilliant pages. It ranks second only to the Mile High on the Census.

It starts at only $1 and has No Reserve, so everyone has a great chance.

I also have a beutiful copy of Star Spangled #95 up. This is the Highest CGC grade by far and collectors of this title know just how Rare these issues are. If you are a Batman collector, not only does this issue contain the last Robin cover of the series, but has a Batman story as well.

Check the Census on this one and you will be suprised.

Finally, there are several great DC Silver and Bronze Age books to bid on as well.

Did I mention the Marvel Mystery #11 at 9.2?

Ebay Auctions

Also, don't forget about my 10% discount for books purchaced from my website. This is a CGC Boards special deal but does not apply to ebay auction purchaces.

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books

I think that 4 separate posts on the marketplace is a bit much sumo.gif Don't you? confused-smiley-013.gif

You might refresh yourself with the "guidelines" . . . grin.gif

I thought about this but each post is unique.

I see collectors and dealers post individual books that are quite average and appreciate their desire to market them, never at all offended by their posts. I actually enjoy it and wish them well.

I posted these books at different times and they have seperate and unique collector followings.

I have found that a collector interested in Golden Age DC may have no interest in TImely, or Silver age for that matter and the reverse can be equally as true.

The 10% off Boards Sale is of a different matter altogether.

So I do see where you are coming from and I did consider it quite a bit.

If I was offensive to anyone, it was difinately not intentional. I am just trying to do my best to run a business.

Take care,

Mark

Mark, your varying posts didn't bother me a bit, for the exact reasons you mentioned.

I gotta say, though, you're very brave listing books of this quality on eBay with no reserve, so close to the August Heritage auction. I'd be sweating bullets!

Mark, your varying posts didn't bother me a bit, for the exact reasons you mentioned.

I gotta say, though, you're very brave listing books of this quality on eBay with no reserve, so close to the August Heritage auction. I'd be sweating bullets!

Heritage has great offerings, no question. I thought about that - a lot, but the great books need to come out on ebay as well and I have to take a risk in order to do that.

Let's all hope for the best.

I think that 4 separate posts on the marketplace is a bit much sumo.gif Don't you? confused-smiley-013.gif

You might refresh yourself with the "guidelines" . . . grin.gif

I thought about this but each post is unique.

I see collectors and dealers post individual books that are quite average and appreciate their desire to market them, never at all offended by their posts. I actually enjoy it and wish them well.

I posted these books at different times and they have seperate and unique collector followings.

I have found that a collector interested in Golden Age DC may have no interest in TImely, or Silver age for that matter and the reverse can be equally as true.

The 10% off Boards Sale is of a different matter altogether.

So I do see where you are coming from and I did consider it quite a bit.

If I was offensive to anyone, it was difinately not intentional. I am just trying to do my best to run a business.

Take care,

Mark

Mark,

Not to be cynical, but even if the uniqueness of the different listings may be true, it can all still be accomplished in one or two posts - you don't need to saturate the real estate here.

I might also point out that this is not necessarily the proper forum to "run a business" from - it is a marketplace for forum members, not the pages of the Overstreet Guide or a private website. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

NM,

No need to suck-up on either count . . . stooges.gif We all know that books listed with no reserve can be ended for any reason at any time up to 12 hours before the auction ends - so there is really no risk at all gossip.gif

Well here is an awesome book up for grabs on ebay. The world's best copy of Marvel Mystery Comics #11 from 1940. CGC graded NM 9.2. It stands alone as the Highest grade on the Census and is worth biding on.

Take a look when you can and don't forget to chek all of my books just listed. There are some killer books here and they are all being sold with no reserve.

Ebay Auctions

Also, don't forget about my 10% discount for books purchaced from my website. This is a CGC Boards special deal but does not apply to ebay auction purchaces.

PGC Mint - Huge assortment of CGC graded NM books

893scratchchin-thumb.gif 1 post or 4?

I might also point out that this is not necessarily the proper forum to "run a business" from - it is a marketplace for forum members, not the pages of the Overstreet Guide or a private website. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

David, WTF are you going on about? Mark`s postings here link to his ebay listings and his website. He clearly runs a real business, and this is just a marketing channel. I think that`s what this particular forum is for. Out of fairness` sake, can we now expect you to harass BlazingBob and CaptTripps next time they post an "ad" here for their new listings?

NM,

No need to suck-up on either count . . . stooges.gif We all know that books listed with no reserve can be ended for any reason at any time up to 12 hours before the auction ends - so there is really no risk at all gossip.gif

David, what is up with these unfoundeds attack on Mark? Is there some pattern to his previous eBay auctions that would lead you to make this very unpleasant insinuation? If not, then STFU.

I swear, this week has been like a tidal wave of cynicism on these boards. Of all the weak- things to get excited about. Four posts, all with quality material.

Did you also give Russell a hard time for having three, or is three okay and four out of line?

David, WTF are you going on about? Mark`s postings here link to his ebay listings and his website. He clearly runs a real business, and this is just a marketing channel. I think that`s what this particular forum is for. Out of fairness` sake, can we now expect you to harass BlazingBob and CaptTripps next time they post an "ad" here for their new listings?

Aw, c'mon it wasn't that bad sorry.gif I was in that kinda mood I guess frown.gif

gossip.gifIt's not like I've driven him away gossip.gif

NM,

David, what is up with these unfoundeds attack on Mark? Is there some pattern to his previous eBay auctions that would lead you to make this very unpleasant insinuation? If not, then STFU.

On this note, that is not an "unpleasant insinuation" at all, but merely a statement of how eBay works, and certainly not an attack, unfounded or otherwise on Mark - I am responding to Jeff's comment. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I swear, this week has been like a tidal wave of cynicism on these boards. Of all the weak- things to get excited about. Four posts, all with quality material.

Did you also give Russell a hard time for having three, or is three okay and four out of line?

My record with Russell is well-documented wink.gif

NM,

I don't know who you are and you obviously do not know me.

I do not end auctions early and will always sell through, regardless of final hammer price.

I lose on some of the books I post (sometimes quite a lot) but I am hopeful to gain confidence with collectors.

Many times on the last day of the auctions, I just shut down the computer and put business out of my mind, as it can be very nerve wracking. But to end an auction because I don't get my price?

Not at all. I am in this for the long haul.

Take care

Mark

I don't see a problem with multiple posts, I just posted 3 separate ones in the marketplace last week. Besides I don't think Mark is out here every week so what's the big deal? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks for the rescue!

I was begining to feel as though I was violating this website smile.gif

Take care

Mark

Jeff and Tim

Thanks so much for the kind words in my defense. It is appreciated.

One thing our hobby needs to be strong on is to create an environment of mutual respect.

We all want the hobby to be strong, endure and to succeed to our highest expectations. In order to accomplish this, we do have to be aware that we represent the hobby, especially on the Boards. It is my intent (and I know it is yours) to do all I can to foster collector growth.

Dealers come and go (me included) but the hobby remains. It will outlast all of us. Let's hope the future collectors will look back and say we did a good job.

Part of doing a "good job" is to consider what we write, and what we say about others.

The pen is an awesome power.

Mark

I liked your postings Mark and enjoyed looking at the books......(Official attempt to soften you up for the Green Rivers you have on your site - 27_laughing.gif). But just so you know, Divad ain't a bad guy at all. We just get moody sometimes at the end of a weekend.

Good luck with the auctions. And please keep posting.

Red