• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultron 1

43 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

This does raise the question of whether subconscious plagiarism occurred; waking up, feeling inspired and that something original is being created when it’s actually based on a buried memory, in this case, of an existing plot.

There are a grand total of 2 elements of similarity between ellison's soldier story and Terminator.  Character travels back in time in circular visual effect, and both appear in an alley.  Thats it.  The rest of soldier is he goes to live with some dude and tries to chill out.  Ellison himself states glass hand has nothing to do with terminator.  George lucas has stated that the king arthur story was definitely the inspiration for star wars.  If Cameron plagiarized subconsciously, then he plagiarized some dude appearing in an alley from the future.  Thats it.  

15 minutes ago, JohnFranklin said:

I read some about Ellison's "Soldier" and other than time travel, seems to be a bit of a stretch to say "Terminator" borrowed from that plot.  But others saw it different...settled out of court.

Only because Hemdale caved-they didnt want the fight.  Cameron was furious and considers Ellison, a veteran of MANY lawsuits, a "Parasite who can kiss my ***".

11 hours ago, kav said:

George lucas has stated that the king arthur story was definitely the inspiration for star wars. 

It’s also more heavily influenced by Akira Kurosawa’s classic ‘The Hidden Fortress’. 

I stand corrected once again with Ellison vs Cameron.  :smile:

Edited by Ken Aldred