• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cracking a CGC blue label and finding restoration

107 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

And of course, my next question is about the slab. If there was anything noticeably off-kilter on it. Cracks, fissures, breakage, etc.  It doesn't appear so from the images but asking to be sure.

Also a great line from Fracture-"I found a crack in every single egg"-

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

At what point is someone going to tag the other forum into this thread? 

I would but the mods would jump on me-

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Live a little

I got warning points up the yin yang from living a little-

1 hour ago, kav said:
4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Live a little

I got warning points up the yin yang from living a little-

There are a certain number of us reprobates that light up their radar screen.

20 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I understand the difficulty, if not impossibility, of doing this, but the proper thing to do is to send the book back through the chain until it gets to the original submitter.

"But the seller shouldn't be responsible!" Ethically, morally, no, of course not, but the only way to address the issue properly is to have it go back through the chain until if gets to the person who submitted it.

Again: I recognize the near-impossibility of doing this in many cases, but that is the only just, equitable way to resolve it.

I'm failing to see the logic here.  Why does it matter who submitted the book?  ???

25 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I understand the difficulty, if not impossibility, of doing this, but the proper thing to do is to send the book back through the chain until it gets to the original submitter.

"But the seller shouldn't be responsible!" Ethically, morally, no, of course not, but the only way to address the issue properly is to have it go back through the chain until if gets to the person who submitted it.

Again: I recognize the near-impossibility of doing this in many cases, but that is the only just, equitable way to resolve it.

I'm failing to see the logic here.  Why does it matter who submitted the book?  ???

Because that is the person who received the unmerited boon of a restored book being labeled unrestored.

6 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
32 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Because that is the person who received the unmerited boon of a restored book being labeled unrestored.

What if the submitter was sold the book at an unrestored price?  

7 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Right. In this theoretical chain the first person who sold the book as unrestored would seem to be the starting spot. 

3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Then you keep going.

The odds are very good that the submitter didn't pay the graded unrestored price for the book, but the principle...as unrealistic as it may be in real life...still remains. You're not getting any argument from me about the near impossibility, in many cases, of such a venture, but that's the only proper way to deal with it. Everything else is just a bandaid, whereby someone gets screwed through no fault of their own...they just happened to be holding the potato when the music ended.

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
3 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Then you keep going.

The odds are very good that the submitter didn't pay the graded unrestored price for the book, but the principle...as unrealistic as it may be in real life...still remains. You're not getting any argument from me about the near impossibility, in many cases, of such a venture, but that's the only proper way to deal with it. Everything else is just a bandaid, whereby someone gets screwed through no fault of their own...they just happened to be holding the potato when the music ended.

No one gets screwed if CGC catches the CT.  It’s on them as far as I’m concerned.