• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please grade this Tales of Suspense #52!

9 posts in this topic

Hey-ho,

Flat issue with nice color strike. (Not sure why scan of the back looks so blotchy.)

Some edge wear on both sides; back cover has some scattered edge tears and light creases; centerfold has tears at the top staple but is still attached.

Thoughts? Thanks!

talesofsuspense52gvg.jpg.3906e73fd11beabc8e740f87432a3de6.jpg

talesofsuspense52gvgback.jpg.d77684c10f400aa9e24f332d2d9bbd6d.jpg

I would say 4.0 - 5.0 hard to tell but is that staining on the BC and on the FC  near the spine on the red area? 

Also heavy dirt on BC spine 

31 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

I would say 4.0 - 5.0 hard to tell but is that staining on the BC and on the FC  near the spine on the red area? 

Also heavy dirt on BC spine 

hm  On close inspection, there's a faint stain in both the lower right corner FC (where the explosion is), and on the lower left corner of the BC. They don't stain through, no effect on interior pages, and I virtually have to put my nose to the book to see either one. (Again, not sure why the back cover looks so stained/blotchy in my scan. It's pretty even in hand.) 

No stains on spine that I see; just some dirt marks and maybe a bit of fade in that red arrow.

2 hours ago, WPPJames said:

My guess, without seeing interior pages, is a 3.5/4.0

I tend to think this is the right ballpark. My guess is it's a near miss of the 4.5/5.0 range (quite happy to be wrong though of course). :banana:  The colors are great, but quite a number of flaws sprinkled around if you really look for them.