• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What classifies a Detached cover?

4 posts in this topic

Good evening:

I recently received my grades for some comics I submitted.

One 1 ( A sensation comics 26 ), the comic was given a universal 4.0 however the grader notes said detached back cover.  My question is what is a detached back cover?

Is this a back cover completely off the comic?  Or does it cover other possibilities?  I reason I ask is because before I submitted the book I inspected it and found it to be a solid, complete comic.  The covers were firmly attached.

Thank you for any help on this subject.

The back cover could be loose from the staple area (paper split or tear the length of the staples) however the front cover still has paper under the staples -, hence the front is still attached.  The cover is not torn in half with the back cover loose (complete spine split).  It's not an uncommon situation, however pictures probably explain it better than my words.  Unfortunately I have no pictures.

1 hour ago, Huuuugh99 said:

Good evening:

I recently received my grades for some comics I submitted.

One 1 ( A sensation comics 26 ), the comic was given a universal 4.0 however the grader notes said detached back cover.  My question is what is a detached back cover?

Is this a back cover completely off the comic?  Or does it cover other possibilities?  I reason I ask is because before I submitted the book I inspected it and found it to be a solid, complete comic.  The covers were firmly attached.

Thank you for any help on this subject.

Did you get your book pressed ? Unfortunately, pressing an old book can cause detachment. As mentioned by boatfund, you really have to show us some pics of the details. A cover can be detached at one staple, both staples, or better yet 'half' of one staple. This is where the single staple is attached at the front and detached at the back or vise versa.