• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade my DD#13

25 posts in this topic

I wish I knew, I have a beautiful DD copy, the one with Thor on the cover that has the same issue. It looks like a 9.0/9.2 but has the same staple problem as yours.

No one has yet to answer how CGC downgrades for the deep factory staple?

If it quacks like a duck . . . sumo.gif

It's an undesirable defect that often leads to ancillary wear. The book also appears to be pretty well-worn at the corners. flowerred.gif

The staples all production and is a defect that I didn't downgrade for. Call it a F+ or F/VF if you want when bidding, (lol), but whoever wins will be happy as it's a nice copy. All the corner wear is describe in the listing. I guess the other DD's would be of equivalent grade that I've listed, but the #13 stands out.

Still a nice copy and I do take returns for those who like pheasant over duck.

I don't get the big deal with the staple thing. Apparently to some of you guys it seems to take greater power than that of even a small water stain. I really don't see it as a major defect. Now, I would agree that the corners on this book could be better. I'd still call it a 7.5 though. Really, the corners are the biggest overall problem with this book and their not even that bad. I just don't see the wear on this book can bring it down to a 6.0. I'd say a 7.0 at least.