• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade my DD#13

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Thanks for the opinions on grading,

The top staple is a deep one from the factory. There is no pop or tears there, so is this a factory defect that downgrades a VF- book to a Fine+?

I didn't even really consider it as a deduct when I graded it.

I figured that CGC wouldn't downgrade a factory production item like that, so I didn't either.

Opinions on this factory defect are welcome.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Thanks for the opinions on grading,

The top staple is a deep one from the factory. There is no pop or tears there, so is this a factory defect that downgrades a VF- book to a Fine+?

I didn't even really consider it as a deduct when I graded it.

I figured that CGC wouldn't downgrade a factory production item like that, so I didn't either.

Opinions on this factory defect are welcome.

Thanks

A defect is a defect is a defect. My grade still stands.

Can't send it to CGC now, it's up and running on Ebay and is going for a whopping $3.26 right now with less than 5 days left. The link is posted in the marketplace.

Pretty good deal for even a F+ wouldn't you say?

"I was in the bottom tier in the grading contest so you really shouldn't listen to my opinion at all... "

Why didn't you tell me you couldn't grade in the first place? gossip.gif

I wouldn't have taken your criticism regarding the issue so hard. 27_laughing.gif

You tainted the grading until Galactus (king of rulers) stepped up to the plate to agree with me. cloud9.gif

2 out of 7 graders aggreeing that the book is a VF- is a majority consensus isn't it? stooges.gif

Either way it's gone in a few days.

Thanks for the opinions.

"I was in the bottom tier in the grading contest so you really shouldn't listen to my opinion at all... "

Why didn't you tell me you couldn't grade in the first place? gossip.gif

I wouldn't have taken your criticism regarding the issue so hard. 27_laughing.gif

You tainted the grading until Galactus (king of rulers) stepped up to the plate to agree with me. cloud9.gif

2 out of 7 graders aggreeing that the book is a VF- is a majority consensus isn't it? stooges.gif

Either way it's gone in a few days.

Thanks for the opinions.

6.0 sumo.gif

VF-? 27_laughing.gif

So maybe I overgraded this one a bit.

Thanks Nikos and Aces for the opinions. You guys usually target right on.

You too Divrabnud for stomping out the 6.0 opinion. I would have expected no less....and no more.

lol