• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions about Wizard World Chicago...

4 posts in this topic

Hey all, I will be attending the Chicago Con this weekend, and it will be my first BIG con, I've been to several smaller ones...and I had a few questions.

1. I plan on taking plenty of pictures while I'm there, is it OK to take pictures of dealers booths with walls of comics, or should I ask permission first..also what about artist, writers, average Joe's in costume.. should I also ask permission first to take their pics as well ? Don't want to ruffle any feathers..

2. I plan on stopping by the Alex Ross booth and getting something signed by him, is it OK to bring like my own copy of say Kingdom Come #4 and have him sign it, or do I have to buy something there at the booth and have him sign it...either way is fine, I just need to know...

confused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

thanks.

I am attending also and have for years,

Generally with photos the best are taken when they are posed for. I see people taking pics all the time and everyone is enjoying it. I can't see anyone getting mad. People in costume attend for this sort of thing, creators never complain and dealers should be honored that someone likes their stuff!

You can bring whatever you want to get signed. No one will make you buy anything. He will be there on the premiere night Thursday also. Lines could be huge, but at this point there is more stuff signed than unsigned by Ross, esp in his hometown of Chicago! Most creators will let you get X amount of books signed. Sometimes Wizard will say only 2 or 4 books signed. The most annoying ones are the people that bring there entire Crossgen Run of Meridian and want each signed...trust me I have been behind the same people and every time the creators are just shaking their heads...

Hope that helps! If you have anymore questions let me know

jonjesper@yahoo.com

hey thanks jonjesper, that's great info you've given me...yes, I'm really excited about this Con, like I said this will be my first BIG con...I'm only planning on bringing 2 or 3 books for Ross to sign,,I was a pretty good artist in high school, and my specialty was superheroes,, so I just love his work..and I can't wait to take pictures of all the walls of Comics and other sights...

PedigreeMan, I'd love to come to the forum dinner, but this being my first year at the Chicago Con, I'm gonna just take it all in... maybe too much stuff to do..I'll be there for both Fri and Sat, (maybe Sun),,.but It sounds like alot of fun, and I definitely plan on attending the forum dinner next year...

thanks all for answering my questions..