• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicSupply Grading Contest Round 14

22 posts in this topic

Book is new label. White Pages. Graders note's have not been called in on. Case has some scratches (Don't see how, just got the freaking thing)

Questions to me and grades due by Wed 5pm est. Hopefully sooner so we can start the next.

Mega Losers Bracket

#26 vs #37

#5 vs #36

book14front.jpg

book14back.jpg

Names please!

Who's the final four fighting it out in the Mega-Losers bracket?

I know you are #5 Alex but who are the other three chumps? poke2.gif

Names please!

Who's the final four fighting it out in the Mega-Losers bracket?

I know you are #5 Alex but who are the other three chumps? poke2.gif

That's "MegaLosers"... and doncha ferget it, pal!

yeahok.gif

And then there were two...

book14label.jpg

Mega Losers

#26 9.4 Stays in Mega

#37 9.6 Eliminated

#5 9.0 Stays in Mega

#36 9.4 Eliminated

The next round will start sometime tonight, I have to do a few things. Put on your thinking caps survivors smile.gif

CS

Thanks for the great contest. I had a lot of fun. You've sure had your share of bizarro grades grom CGC. Now that we've worked out the bugs, I know that the next contest will be even greater.yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

thanks

jt

p&p comics.

www.pastandpresentcomics.com

That is why I have posted some of those grades. I tell you, they say that Nikos holds a certain mystical power for a grade bump. Well, that is nothing compared to the curse of CS and the grade drop.

Did you call for grader's notes? There is no way that book would have graded out at an 8.5 as presented. Besides a few virtually invisible spine tics it looks perfect. There must be some hidden defect, otherwise it makes no sense. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That is why I have posted some of those grades. I tell you, they say that Nikos holds a certain mystical power for a grade bump. Well, that is nothing compared to the curse of CS and the grade drop.

Did you call for grader's notes? There is no way that book would have graded out at an 8.5 as presented. Besides a few virtually invisible spine tics it looks perfect. There must be some hidden defect, otherwise it makes no sense. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, where's the invisible 3" crease on that book, Russ?

And why no cancellation of this round like round 11, especially given how everyone overgraded the book?

893censored-thumb.gif

Pre-Screening may be the way you should go!

8.5? 893whatthe.gif

8.5?!? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

893censored-thumb.gif BULL 893censored-thumb.gif

WTF is wrong with that book?

I wuz robbed.

Wow, I can't see it either! Maybe one little weird dent/dimple spot on the right edge of the BC but that alone couldn't do it.

Maybe there's pepperoni grease stains all over the interior from where Newt read it while eating pizza and "grading". grin.gif Economy rate service just ain't what it used to be! 27_laughing.gif

I can see from the scans

2 spots of dirt or staining on the back cover.

8 spine ticks that barely break or break color.

Right side of front cover has small dentings

Back cover left side has a very very minor fleck/tear.

Ah, is that spot that looks like a tiny bullet hole smile.gif in Wolvy's left shoulder (on the right side of the FC) a small dent? Thought it was a printing imperfection...

How about the bottom right FC - is that a tiny tear, or just a hairline ink oddity or a case scratch or a ...?