• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Warren Magazine Runs V2, Creepy Time.......Recap of Available Page 1
6 6

563 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Stevemmg said:

All but a couple of orders have been paid and shipped out. Some have even gotten theirs already. (thumbsu

Your threads remind me of my very first Warren threads here on the boards maybe 7 or 8 years ago where I picked up a whole mess of Vampirella and a few Eeries and Creepys as a bonus (could've even been you but I'm too lazy to go back and find the threads). Since I collect mostly GA now, I don't typically read the books that I buy, but any time I buy a Warren, I read it once I open the box.

I'm actually not sure why I've never really pursued full runs of these mags. There aren't many things cooler for fans of horror comics.

Also, for any Warren fans that haven't read Bill Schelly's book 'Empire of Monsters' that follows Jim Warren's career, you should really try to track it down. It's a great history of his publishing empire and has a ton of great stories as well as the history. I know I'm likely preaching to the choir here, but ya never know.

Sorry for the thread hijack ;) - Can't wait for the mags!

2 hours ago, N e r V said:

I think everyone here should post their books taken in the What’s new in your magazine collection thread and fill that sucker up....xD

I just posted mine. Great looking books :x

Turns out the person I bought the books from years back was EggsAckley, who was selling for another boardie. It appears that my tastes have gotten more expensive as I've gotten older (I was strictly a mid-grade bargain buyer back then 5.0-6.0 all day long).