• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Removing crease from comic book?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I would look for another copy if you want that 9.8 that most modern collectors want. 

but I am curious to find out how that gravity press will work. Might want to pick a book that is larger than the book but weighted more evenly across the surface and uneven pressure and weight could be a issue. Again just guessing. 

Hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like the bottom right has more of a problem than near the staple. Nothing color-breaking, so that's good. I can tell you that's not enough weight to flatten out a crease. If you have clamps (Lowes/Home Depot/Walmart) and two small boards, sandwich the comic between two backing boards and sandwich that between two small boards and clamp them together for a few days. I do that to fix spine rolls once I've realigned the spine. It's a step down from getting it pressed, but It's worked for me.