• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what was your 1st piece of orignal art you ever brought

49 posts in this topic

I was in Iowa City and John Romita Jr. happened to be living there at the time (late 1980s). His house was about 5 blocks away and I had met him at a local show. I went to interview him for a class project (I was in Journalism School Master's Program at Univ of Iowa) and he had all this original art laying around. I bought 2 pages of Iron Man from him. I wanted to buy more (he had a STACK of pages from Iron Man and Daredevil) but as a student just couldn't justify the expense. Of course, I wish I had bought it now, in retrospect! Bottom line is that JR Jr. is one of the nicest, most down to earth guys I had met in comics and I really enjoyed meeting him, talking about comics, and looking at his art. Here's one of the pieces I picked up.

IM266splash.jpg

there are some rhinos who are luckier tha others... wink.gifthumbsup2.gif specially the albino ones flowerred.gif

very nice page Steve!!!

regards

what was your first piece of comic art you brought.

I'm still a virgin shy.gif

Well, once your "cherry" gets popped, you will realize how great it is poke2.gif

No doubt sumo.gif I had my eye on a Bill Griffith piece and on some R. Crumb work, but the new house (and, ahem, my wife) have kept me from pulling the trigger. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, once your "cherry" gets popped, you will realize how great it is poke2.gif

No doubt sumo.gif I had my eye on a Bill Griffith piece and on some R. Crumb work, but the new house (and, ahem, my wife) have kept me from pulling the trigger. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now see, that's the great thing about becoming addicted to original art: you realize that you can ALWAYS get another house or car or wife (lol) but if you pass up that one-of-a-kind page of original art, you may regret it for the rest of your life....

headbang.gif

Now see, that's the great thing about becoming addicted to original art: you realize that you can ALWAYS get another house or car or wife (lol) but if you pass up that one-of-a-kind page of original art, you may regret it for the rest of your life....

headbang.gif

Yes, I see . . . and which Doctor do you see for this malady? 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

vinnie.jpg