• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Savage She Hulk #1 going to hang on to these levels?

43 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2021 at 1:43 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like it ended up at $1,900 with a few bids in the last minute which jumped it from $1,300 right up to its eventual $1,900 finish.  :gossip:   (thumbsu

$800-900 above current going rate and in my opinion it greatly lacks eye appeal. The off-centering causes some of the right side of cover to be chopped off right threw the blue "collectors item" circle as well as the comics code stamp/seal and the M in "TM". There are many nicer looking copies out there, at least to my eyes, that go for hundreds less.  Is it the pedigree or in general folks love to fork over an extra $800 or so to comiclink :)?

00033952398280083739625012.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, boomtown said:

People may be underestimating a She-Hulk show. Wasn't she the original "break the 4th wall" character (before Deadpool) in her Sensational She-Hulk series by Byrne. If the Disney series plays off that, it could find a market with the new collector crowd that like that (stuff) .

I agree. Hulk is actually kind of boring to me at least. Even when he was smart/POrofessor Hulk he was boring. She Hulk was always more fun. And yeah, they broke the 4th wall years before Deadpool, but Deadpool got credit for it. Sexism at its worst.

She Hulk is a second or third tier character because men are dumb and teenage boys aren't going to read a cleverly written comic about a female character unless she titilates them. However attractive they make her, she's always going to be a huge green lady, so it doesn't work for that. So the series would get rebooted again and again,. last a few years, and eve tually get cancelled. Women might actually walk into comic shops a bit more and read this stuff if men weren't in comic shops talking about the things men talk about in comic shops.