• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-Man ORIGINAL ART Cover Gallery

204 posts in this topic

And here is a cover that looks like a prelim but is actually a do-cover.

Here is the original unpublished unfinished version...

AmazingSpider-man68unusedcoverar-1.jpg

Romita stopped short of finishing that one, reportedly when Stan Lee told him to make the protestors and spidey look less angry and to have spidey swinging with two hnads instead of one. Here's what the final publiished version looks like.

Spider-man68MarvelMulti-Mag.jpg

Wait, so what is this thread? Is it just a thread to post images of covers you have (mr. glass)?

Or images of covers you don't have (scourge?)

Or images of covers you wish you had (myself)?

One person talked about a price guide, but other than one reference to a couple of Ditko covers sold a few years ago, no one has said anything about prices. And even those references were mysterious involving a secret seller and a secret buyer.

Is there no transparancy left on these boards? (I had to get in on the glass joke). . . .

Just curious, I sold the black and white artwork for Spidey #94 for $10,000 about six months ago.. do you guys say that was a pretty okay deal, or do you think I could have gotten a lot more? Here is a picture of it... it's not in my possession anymore [obviously]

I also have the color proof of the same comic, which I am in the market to sell.....

proof_2.jpg

Just curious, I sold the black and white artwork for Spidey #94 for $10,000 about six months ago.. do you guys say that was a pretty okay deal, or do you think I could have gotten a lot more? Here is a picture of it... it's not in my possession anymore [obviously]

I also have the color proof of the same comic, which I am in the market to sell.....

proof_2.jpg

That is a Krazy price dude! congrats. Aren't you amazed when someone pays Krazy money for OA.

Dude,

I am not joking that cover is worthabout 40k-50k......but easily,..no doubt about....at a minimum,....double what you sold it for. That was a bad deal for you and a good deal for the buyer.

It is now here:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?id=661877

Man that has to sting. The $10,000 must have been very tempting though. Unfortunately the buyer must have known he was getting a hell of a bargain.

I think it was Mitch Itzkowitz that got it for that price. Yup, 10K is a frickin' joke for that piece. Thats why it pays to know what you have b4 you sell. ASM Covers are GOLD.

Look what this,..high #'ed...not even half as nice piece sold for this week.

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=15342&si=123

Yeah, it's just money. I got a good deal. I don't think it'll fetch $55k unless someones really stupid. The bids that went up to 22k probably were a stretch for the bidders, too. Anyone wanna share some prices that they paid feel free...

I dont think 22K was a stretch at all,,,...did you see this sale?:

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=13820&si=123

This stuff is very HOT right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's just money. I got a good deal. I don't think it'll fetch $55k unless someones really stupid. The bids that went up to 22k probably were a stretch for the bidders, too. Anyone wanna share some prices that they paid feel free...

I dont think 22K was a stretch at all,,,...did you see this sale?:

http://scoop.diamondgalleries.com/scoop_article.asp?ai=13820&si=123

This stuff is very HOT right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are only 13 large art covers by Romita.....they are in ALOT less supply and ALOT more in demand than small art covers. You are comparing with Golden Delicious Apples with Crab Apples...they are both apples but given the choice people are not coughing up anywhere near the same dough for the crab.

BTW....

Why aren't you citing the #155 cover with it's superior composition to the #94 as one of our comparable sales? Is it because that one fought for it's life to cross $12,000 (before BP) at auction THIS YEAR!

I know if I was holding a cover by Romita and saw that sale I would be worried...so worried I might jump on a bunch of boards and start hawking how $20k covers were worth $50k.

And yes $22k is a GIANT stretch for a small art cover like that when one that has superior elements fell FAR short of that figure just a couple months ago.

Everyone knows where you are coming from...we get it. Having so much personally at stake might make some folks question your objectivity though.

Chris