• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alpha Flight #1
2 2

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, first post, so please forgive any minor infringements of board rules.

we have today as stated in the title Alpha Flight #1.

i apologise for background setting but i am limited by light spread in my flat - also, I am limited by the size of file I can upload at this time.

your input would be gratefully received.

cheers 

Jon

image.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.d0a445c2845348f03e2d01af1caaedab.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Jon Boult
Didn’t take rear cover

11 hours ago, Jon Boult said:

Hi everyone, thanks for your input. 
The book has now been graded / shipped.

awaiting delivery now but I know it has been graded as 9.4 - White. Which is not bad for a comic shop long box find.

Quite happy with that

I always loved this cover ! The yellow is real nice. Lots of these have a brownish crease to the left of Spider-man's neck. I have seen 9.8 CGC slabs with that production defect.

Did you have it cleaned and pressed?

No, I just went for a straight submission. Price wise it was fairly hight anyway, well for a first test of getting one done anyway.

i considered it but on closer inspection, there were only a couple of small creases that didn’t break colour, so I decided against it - it didn’t seem worth the extra cost and time to order that too when it was quite a high grade out of the box already.

granted, it may have pushed it up into a higher bracket that has less copies in the census but I’m happy with a 9.4