• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Static #1 platinum edition
2 2

73 posts in this topic

30 platinum 9.8's (15% of this particular variants run), total of 2000 print run. Reading this thread is illuminating to say the least. I will take your platinum high grades for $50 all day. What a difference a year makes. Don't even get me started o n where Moon Knight keys are headed. 

15 hours ago, zoso99 said:

The statistics are from GPanalysis; the posting is from ebay sold.

Let me be more specific;

The statistics are CGC graded copies (which I accessed on GPanalysis). I posted a snapshot of just the 9.8 platinum variant (reported) sales for 2020. Also available on GPanalysis are the CGC statistics for every book slabbed across the original bagged cover and variants. There are only 30 9.8's slabbed in this variant (I did not post a snapshot of that, but it is available to anyone), which is 15% of the 496 total graded across all versions category.  Isn't that how everyone cross-references, or at least steps in the cross-referencing resources to determine value? There is obviously more to research than reported sales, but it's a solid marker for cost trending.

29 minutes ago, zoso99 said:

Let me be more specific;

The statistics are CGC graded copies (which I accessed on GPanalysis). I posted a snapshot of just the 9.8 platinum variant (reported) sales for 2020. Also available on GPanalysis are the CGC statistics for every book slabbed across the original bagged cover and variants. There are only 30 9.8's slabbed in this variant (I did not post a snapshot of that, but it is available to anyone), which is 15% of the 496 total graded across all versions category.  Isn't that how everyone cross-references, or at least steps in the cross-referencing resources to determine value? There is obviously more to research than reported sales, but it's a solid marker for cost trending.

The print run is higher then that by far. Ive been able to find around several copies over the years easily. Static 1 was not a hard to find book. The platinum while limited is more then a 2k print run by quite a bit I would think.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 8/30/2020 at 3:19 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 8/27/2020 at 4:56 AM, Bart Allen said:

Should be VERY interesting now lol

Curious but did the platinum edition come in a sealed bag too?

I'm going to guess no. None of the Platinum editions I have of Milestone books are in polybags, except for Worlds Collide.

I would think that Platinum copy will appreciate well I dont see it much at all.

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I would think that Platinum copy will appreciate well I dont see it much at all.

The Worlds Collide, do you mean? I got mine from Mile High not so long ago (but for a lot cheaper than what they're asking now); https://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action-list&title=97493778408&snumber=1

Just now, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

The Worlds Collide, do you mean? I got mine from Mile High not so long ago (but for a lot cheaper than what they're asking now); https://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action-list&title=97493778408&snumber=1

Yes that one. Mile High has always been ridiculous absolutely the last place I look for books.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes that one. Mile High has always been ridiculous absolutely the last place I look for books.

I agree about the prices generally once there's a hint that there might be demand. But for books under the radar I've gotten some really good prices for them. In addition to some Milestones before they got hot, I got a good number of Quantum & Woody #1s from them.