• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Ask Greggy!"™ !!!!

1,835 posts in this topic

Nice set of 100 pagers you own. I wonder if a 9.4 copy exists out there of DC 100 pager #5?. I looked at the raw oakland copy of #5 when I was at the SD con back in 1998 it was a super sharp copy. I wonder who owns it or if it ever was sent in to CGC? Happy collecting.

Bill999

Dear Greggy,

I just bought two short boxes of comics with cover prices ranging from .10-.30,......for .85 cents a piece. I fell guilty. Did I do a bad thing? popcorn.gif

I'll take my answer on the boards. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Dear Greggy,

I just bought two short boxes of comics with cover prices ranging from .10-.30,......for .85 cents a piece. I fell guilty. Did I do a bad thing? popcorn.gif

I'll take my answer on the boards. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

No...Chuckles appreciates your business.

Here is a serious question. I have heard that Adventure 416 is extremely tough to find in high grade, but judging by the 9.6 you just sold, and the census numbers, that doesn't appear to be true. Other than DC-4 and 5, what is the toughest 100 pager to find above 9.0 in your opinion? I realize that I can look on the census, but that doesn't really reflect what comes up in the marketplace in general, as I am sure there are PLENTY of people who don't realize 100 pagers are worth slabbing.

Here's a few that are harder to find due to various reasons:

Wraparound black covers

1) Batman 238

2) Our Army at War 242

3) Superman 245

Although the DC 4 is almost all black except for the spine area, these issues have totally wraparound black covers. Therefore, any reading wear, fingerprints can affect the grade adversly. The Batman 238 would bring out serious bids. Also, as these are some of the earliest 100 pagers and comprise solely of reprints, they may not have been conveted as much when they were first offered. Of the 3, the OAAW if probably the most common.

Totally unknown reason

1) Unexpected 161 - This book for some reason is rarely ever found in decent condition based on my years of searching of it. In fact, the 9.0 that Donger offered recently is the highest graded copy. I don't even have a VF copy of this book.

Romance issues

Young Love 110 to 114 and Young Romance 200 to 204

I have not included the first 3 issues of each series, as they appeared to be involved in some type of warehouse find and are relatively common. It gets tougher near the end. If not for the Winnipeg pedigree, I haven't really seen any ultra nice copies of these issues.

Dear Greggy,

Given the turmoil that has gone on recently over CGC, were you happy with the results of your auctions last week? Do you feel there has been any affect on the marketplace?

Also do you this Nikos will be back soon?

And oh my god, this is my 500th post, do you think I can double that amount next year if I just use a whole bunch of gremlins? wink.gif?

Dear Greggy,

Given the turmoil that has gone on recently over CGC, were you happy with the results of your auctions last week? Do you feel there has been any affect on the marketplace?

And oh my god, this is my 500th post, do you think I can double that amount next year if I just use a whole bunch of gremlins? wink.gif?

1) Yes, about what I expected overall. Yes, to some.

2) No, unless I harass him

3) Easily

Dear Greggy,

1) Yes, about what I expected overall. Yes, to some.

2) No, unless I harass him

3) Easily

thanks, here is 501 thumbsup2.gif