• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlie’s Angels (2019)

22 posts in this topic

She keeps digging...

“They’ll go and see a comic book movie with Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel because that’s a male genre,” Banks said. “So even though those are movies about women, they put them in the context of feeding the larger comic book world, so it’s all about, yes, you’re watching a Wonder Woman movie but we’re setting up three other characters or we’re setting up Justice League.”

Guess we all just wanted to see that email exchange with Ben Affleckman in WW...

5 hours ago, zhamlau said:

Yeah I saw some of the comments she was making about this film and how bad it was for people to not see it. Very bizarre, almost as if people were obligated to see it. What’s weird is she made them right as the movie opened, like some sort of weird foreshadowing of the financial disaster this movie was.

Not to offend anymore but I kinda got that same impression when it came to black panther

you had to go see it to support it and for it to open up future check books 

it’s not the first nor the last time that there has been an underlying obligation directed at the audience 

The fact that people here care about what the revenue and profit or x times budget clearly demonstrates that people are aware that more money equals sequels or similar projects getting funded 

I would argue that Disney does a great job of marketing their movies that you feel obligated to see them I.e missing out on what everyone talking about