• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the Heck is Up With Werewolf #32?

23 posts in this topic

This book has always been the most mystifying to me of all the lesser Marvel keys. (Why it's even a key at all is part of the mystification). Really now, where are all these Moon Knight fans? Do they have their own comic con? Secret decoder rings? I've just never met anyone in person who was so enthused about this book, yet stupid money is realized day in and day out.

What gives? And who's next?

Multiples paid for the first appearance of Speedball?

Or how about 10x guide for the 1st appearance of NFL Superpro???

This book has always been the most mystifying to me of all the lesser Marvel keys. (Why it's even a key at all is part of the mystification). Really now, where are all these Moon Knight fans? Do they have their own comic con? Secret decoder rings? I've just never met anyone in person who was so enthused about this book, yet stupid money is realized day in and day out.

We have discused the virtues of this book as a key before on the boards and I can't remember anyone coming up with a credible argument. It really is a mystery. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm a big fan of WBN#32. Although I have yet to buy one in HG, it is a future purchase.

I think it's a great issue and great key book.

Is it more key than AT 25?

I'm a big fan of WBN#32. Although I have yet to buy one in HG, it is a future purchase.

Is it more key than AT 25?
Never!!

If you got the secret decoder ring, you'd know where and when the secret comic con was! wink.gif

'nuff said sumo.gif

acclaim.gif

Thank you, divaddrater.

'nuff said sumo.gif

acclaim.gif

Thank you, divaddrater.

sign-funnypost.gif

Interest in WBN #32 has always been high but now it is really taking off. When Moon Knight first appeared he seemed to click with the Public. As WBN was Marvels lowest selling title at the time (or close to it. It was 9 months away from cancellation) print runs were low so there weren't enough copies to go around. From that point on it's always been a hot back issue seller. I think it also happens to do with the fact that he has one of the best costumes of all time. In 1980 Marvel gave Moonie his own series and the WBN #32 really took off. Although the Moon Knight series failed to find a readership from that point on I remember never having WBN #32 at the store where I worked. When one came in either I would grab it immedtately or someone else would jump on it. Now, the book is getting a push since the 1st appearance of Ultimate Moon Knight in USM and rumors of a new Marvel U series. Bendis is always talking about him and how he should be Marvel's Batman. I think it's a mix of speculators and the absence of HG copies on Ebay that don't seem fishy or look overgraded. I really liked the original Moon Knight series and was a huge fan of WBN as well so I always bought them up whenever I could find them. My only purchase at the SD Con was actually a WBN #32 from A-1 (aside from a Happy Tree Friends DVD). I think I'll just keep putting one up every 2 weeks until either my stash is gone or demand dwindles

I really like the 1st Moon knight series a lot. I've got the WWBN #32 & #33 in CGC 9.4 and #37 in 9.6 and the 1st Moon Knight series all raw. I do admit that I'm really puzzled by the high prices being paid for the #32. I paid around $200.00 for my copy and thought it was kind of high. Never mind that thought now. I always thought this book and quite frankly nearly all bronze age books were very plentiful in high grade. Maybe this is not the case with WWBN #32 as I HARDLY ever see a 9.6 for sale..anywhere. Long live Bill Sienkiewicz!! I think his art fits the Moon Knight perfectly.