• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick help with shipping to Canada from USA

5 posts in this topic

Is the tariff code the same for comics regardless of where they are going? Which code should I use? 4902900000? I remember using that for the UK with no problems. I have a big book that needs to ship tomorrow and I want to make sure. I’m worried that the one or two threads I found through google are outdated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by newshane

29 minutes ago, newshane said:

Is the tariff code the same for comics regardless of where they are going? Which code should I use? 4902900000? I remember using that for the UK with no problems. I have a big book that needs to ship tomorrow and I want to make sure. I’m worried that the one or two threads I found through google are outdated. Thanks in advance.

Close enough, that's the int'l code the US tariff is 49029020.  Don't send it as a gift if you're selling it, it's duty and tax exempt anyways.

Not sending as a gift. It’s an expensive book and my collectors insurance has lapsed. :whatthe:

I will be shipping to Canada from the USA. 49029020 it is. :foryou:

9 minutes ago, newshane said:

Not sending as a gift. It’s an expensive book and my collectors insurance has lapsed. :whatthe:

I will be shipping to Canada from the USA. 49029020 it is. :foryou:

Sorry I misread the title and thought you were shipping TO the USA.  For shipping to Canada it's 4902900090 duty free but there will be tax payable by the recipient...if you're using USPS Priority your buyer will likely get dinged for GST 5% and it depends on province for add'l taxes. 

Edited by bababooey
Stuff