• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars 25 (1977)
1 1

5 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Dergrosse13 said:

So I saw a 9.8 CGC Star Wars No. 25 (Marvel 1977 series) just sold on eBay for $639.  It was not signed.  This is 2-3x that, for example, issues 2-6 sell for.  What’s the deal?  It’s got a cool cover, but why such a brig premium for issue 25?

Wow! I didn’t know there was anything special about that issue. For some reason 25 and 26 are way more expensive than the surrounding issues.

I just looked at gocollect, issue 26 is $775 for 9.8 and $60 for 9.6! That’s crazy!?! :whatthe:

Edited by BrooksR

19 hours ago, Dergrosse13 said:

So I saw a 9.8 CGC Star Wars No. 25 (Marvel 1977 series) just sold on eBay for $639.  It was not signed.  This is 2-3x that, for example, issues 2-6 sell for.  What’s the deal?  It’s got a cool cover, but why such a brig premium for issue 25?

The first thing to do when you notice a price discrepancy like this is to look at the CGC Census numbers. The only issue from 1-60 that has fewer 9.8s than #25 is #33.

I find the best way to view the Census numbers is to use @valiantman's site: CGCdata.com

wow, a chunk more than 42, which is actually relevant. Filler issues in 9.8 seem to sell for pretty reasonable prices around $50. Those are pretty reasonable prices for 35-40 year old comics. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-91-CGC-9-8-White-Pages/184031298644?hash=item2ad91ec454:g:ffsAAOSwK5VdyLY6