• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rhino_Comics Chicago Comicon report

50 posts in this topic

Great report. Sorry I didn't get the chance to chat too much at the Forum Dinner, there was just so much going on all at once it was hard to make sure I talked with everyone. Nice pre-hero books. And congrats on buying the first Gold book. The first start down a slippery slope thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

showntell.jpg

That is me holding up the Pogo and the Detective gossip.gif

Thanks for the con report; a fun read (and nice books!).

A little off topic. How were the Galapagos Islands? Sounds like that could be quite an adventurous vacation!

The Galapagos were incredible. We were on a live-aboard dive boat for 7 days. Averaged 3 dives per day and did several land excursions. Saw it all, including land iguanas, marine iguanas, cormourants, blue footed boobies (as opposed to the jumbo boobies I saw at the Comicon 27_laughing.gif ) and dived with hammerheads and whale sharks.

We'll get photos online later this week!

and dived with hammerheads and whale sharks.

Sweet! Are the hammerheads and whale sharks there all the time, or is this the right season to see them in the Galapagos?

The hammerheads are around all year. However, whale sharks are more plentiful this time of year. That's the main reason we went now. Never saw a whale shark before, and we saw 3 on one dive, then 3 again on the next. That was at Darwin island. We also dived with sea lions and snorkeled with penguins. It was amazing stuff!

Sweet! Are the hammerheads and whale sharks there all the time, or is this the right season to see them in the Galapagos?

The hammerheads are around all year. However, whale sharks are more plentiful this time of year. That's the main reason we went now. Never saw a whale shark before, and we saw 3 on one dive, then 3 again on the next. That was at Darwin island. We also dived with sea lions and snorkeled with penguins. It was amazing stuff!

Awesome! This just jumped near the top of my priority list for vacation destinations.

Steve, great report!

It was a pleasure meeting you and talking funny-books with you guys. Lets do it again next year. thumbsup2.gif

I know you guys were asking about the books I picked up at the con, here's one of the nicer Johnny Craig EC's I picked up at the con:

crimesus11.jpg

cloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Divad, clearly we are twins separated at birth!

Nice pickups! Where' you get the AAF 8?

The #8 was a real steal off of eBay a few years ago - postage stamp-sized scan from a zero-10 feedback seller. I just took a chance on it . . . it's an extremely difficult book to find in grade - you did very well too! thumbsup2.gif

I was very close to completing the run, but sold off my AF#15 and my AA#1 to help with the down payment and closing costs on my new house. frown.gif

Oh well, priorities . . . but hey, I'm still married 27_laughing.gif

The #8 was a real steal off of eBay a few years ago - postage stamp-sized scan from a zero-10 feedback seller. I just took a chance on it . . . it's an extremely difficult book to find in grade - you did very well too! thumbsup2.gif

I was very close to completing the run, but sold off my AF#15 and my AA#1 to help with the down payment and closing costs on my new house. frown.gif

You sold the AA #1? 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

You sold the AA #1? 893naughty-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

sorry.gif It went to a good home grin.gif

Awesome! This just jumped near the top of my priority list for vacation destinations.

Everyone should go to the Galapagos. Because there have been no predators for many of the animals on the individual islands, they do not fear humans. You can walk right up to them and they just look at you. Will get pics posted this week....