• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Jingle Bells, Shotgun Shells, or Give War a Chance
1 1

347 posts in this topic

The Thread Recrap is in the second post on the first page, and is now updated with all books posted so far, book descriptions and prices, and hopefully, all books sold have been marked as such. :cool: 

Sgt Rock 304 copy b 8.5 OW $9.  Grade attributable to spine tics.  :news:  SOLD!!! :news: 
th_sgtrock304b.jpg th_sgtrock304bbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Sgt Rock 304 copy c 9.0 OW pages $18.  Loss of gloss to covers.

sgtrock304c.jpg

sgtrock304cbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Showcase 53 8.5 white pages $58.  GI Joe by Kubert! A couple of mid-spine cracks FC, and @ bottom spine BC.  Bundle tie dint at center bottom bc. Rub on tip of LRFC.  Very nice, white and clean copy!

show53.jpg

show53bc.jpg

Showcase 54 7.5/8.0 ow pages $38. GI Joe by Kubert!  Spine cracks for wear, sun(?) discoloration @ ULBC.  Fairly nice, white and clean FC.

show54.jpg

show54bc.jpg

Showcase 57 7.0 OW pages $55.  Fourth Enemy Ace.  Spine tics and thumbnails at outer edge FC. “1965” written in Comics Code stamp.
Show57.jpg
Show57bc.jpg

15 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Awesome books Liz.Some of those OAAW were the earliest comics I remember reading,learning to read from! :cloud9:

Learning to read :cloud9: 

I remember when I was about 11-12 in 1972/1973, I was starting to pick up some Marvel back issues from the 1960s, like TTA, TOS, ST, and I had to have a dictionary handy to sort out a lot of those big words that Stan and company liked to salt his verbose comics with.  My family never shied away from words, but there was at least one or two new ones in every book!

OK - dawg got me up to pee, and started barking in the back yard at the 100 lb vermin known around here as "town deer", so I'm all "wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey".  I thought it was 6 am, and now I see that it must have been 5 am.

Anyway, time to begin the final push to finish this thread off, so I/we can be done with it.

Happy Solstice, everyone!!  May your goat sacrifices go splendidly, and draw the sun back for a little more light in the coming days and months!!!! 

Say WHAT???!!???  Image result for goat jpg

Star Spangled War Stories 77 6.5 CROW pages, $40.  Tanning halo inside covers – beautiful lavender war cover!!

SSWS77.jpg

SSWS77bc.jpg

Star Spangled War Stories 123 8.0/8.5 white pages $70.  Land that Time Forgot dinosaur series.  Slight foxing spine and BC. Date stamp on BC “SEP. 16 ENT’D”.  So September 16, 1965 for you birthday boys!  NCBC LLBC.  Really nice copy despite foxing.
SSWS123.jpg

SSWS123bc.jpg

Star Spangled War Stories 136 7.0+ white pages $42. Light creasing URFC/LRFC, bundle tie dint top edge, light foxing BC.  Nice, clean and glossy FC. War of the Dinosaurs cover!
ssws136.jpg
ssws136bc.jpg