• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spidey 50 cgc 9.4 BOSTON COPY

19 posts in this topic

hey

$2500 reserve met and showcase dan is the high bidder atm

well, with all the $$$ from his recent auctions $2500 is really just a drop in hte ocean

he may be following jgreen's bidding strategy looking at his mutiple consecutive bids!

this book may go $3500??

>$2500 reserve met and showcase dan is the high bidder atm

>he may be following jgreen's bidding strategy looking at his mutiple consecutive bids!

his bidding strategy is very very confusing since it is a la JGREEN.

i know for a fact that showcase DOES snipe auctions (they sniped an X Men 1 CGC 9.4 Slight-P i also tried to snipe last year). why would they stack bids on this auction?

Show-Case-New England is the current winning bidder...you don't say. smirk.gif I would MUCH rather have this book than a Wolverine LS 1 CGC 10.0. Anyway that comment is in reference to a recent thread. What makes this book actually worth THAT much more than OS price guide value? The slab? The "pedigreed" label? I'm not saying that it's not a nice book, or that it's not a minor key in the 1-100 run, but what would past actual MARKET VALUE history tell us about the value of this book in comparison to the current going price?

Bottom line: Maybe I'm out of touch with the CGC market, but the price does seem a bit high to me. :shrug:

There was a 9.6 on ebay recently?

Where the %$#! was I? Asleep?

Do you remember who the seller was?

I've also never seen one, and I doubt I would have missed it.

This has always been among my top 5 favorites. Actually, my first post on this board was asking if anyone knew of where I could find one. If a 9.6 ever comes to market, I'm affraid of what I might do. crazy.gif

I'd love it if it were down to an arm wrestle. My guns are fully equiped to deal with most fanboys and greedy dealers(except maybe hammer/meth). grin.gif

Unfortuently, it'll come down to a battle of wallets, and with the amount of heat that would fall on that book on ebay or heritage, I doubt I'd have the buying power to come out on top. frown.gif I would try though, and the high bidder will have to fight through lots of punishment. Whoever would get it wouldn't be getting a bargain. Sort of like this mythological CGC 9.8 ASM #129 that Gman speaks of.

I'm tempted by it!! smirk.gif My pet Coelecanthe's birthday is around the corner. "Feisty" LOVES the Kingpin and other fat guys, et al. He thinks it's funny when they sit in a lawn chair and when they get up without pushing the arm-rests downward, the chair sticks to their big butts!!!!

Not tempted by it AK?

A little, but I've got a very strictly graded 9.2 with White pages, so if I'm going to upgrade, I'm waiting for a 9.6. May or may not ever happen, who knows. I do know that the first 9.6 will probably get too stupid for me, so I'll probably be waiting a LONG time to upgrade, or I may never at all.