• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Consigning to Heritage
2 2

64 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2020 at 3:33 AM, Joe Ankenbauer said:
On 1/3/2020 at 7:54 PM, manofsteel said:

I do NOT pay sales tax on books, and I’m in NY. I have for other items, but def not books. 

So it seems that different states have different policies. I'm sure Iowa and California are not the only two states who charge sales tax for Internet purchases. I also get charged sales tax when I buy from Amazon and Heritage.

I assume sales taxes on comic books are something recent ? I don't recall this being mentioned in the past but then again I am a European buyer so I am not subject to them. In the end all this will do is boost sales on the CGC Boards I would think.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I assume sales taxes on comic books are something recent ? I don't recall this being mentioned in the past but then again I am a European buyer so I am not subject to them. In the end all this will do is boost sales on the CGC Boards I would think.

I have yet to pay sales tax from eBay ON COMICS, and I've purchased from my home state too. I definitely have for other items. For me, it's almost 9%, I have to figure that into my bidding/offering price. 

20 hours ago, jmg3637 said:

I realize that now Heritage's BP is 20%($19 min)  but I noticed that back in the day it was 19.5% or only $9 min.  When was back in the day?

that increase must have hurt the sellers and discouraged lots under a hoped for yield of $100

Not sure why such a relatively insignificant increase from 19.5% up to 20% would have made much of a difference to the potential bidders?  (shrug)

Looks like this increase took place back in the summer of 2018.  Not sure where you got the $9 min from because it was at $19 even when the BP was at 19.5%  :gossip:

The bigger increase in the BP which might have affected the buyers/sellers was when they raised it up from 15% where they started at way back in 2001.  :censored:

On 12/18/2019 at 3:00 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

give care and attention to every item in my experience.

Far from what I've been experiencing.

Here's a few examples of the garbage I have to deal with right now from Heritage. 

Whoever is grading these days doesnt seem to bother opening up the book, they have too much to get through, which is great for sellers selling incomplete raw books. From what I've been experiencing sellers could just write whatever grade they want in the back of a book and Heritage will just go along with it without double checking. Fun for those submitting but a nightmare for those buying. Feels like ebay amature hour.

Edited by William-James88