• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATS: THE MOVIE because - well - we all need a laugh?

35 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, revat said:

John Carter, not a bad movie.  I gave it a 'B'.  I have no desire to rewatch it, but it was entertaining and gave me pretty much what I was looking for. 

I liked it. Though how the title was handled (purposely cut out Warlord of Mars to make it less glitzy) and the edits made to make it bland at times are a real bummer. I think the ERB Estate getting the rights back completely (TV, movie, merchandising) was a good move. Though I wish they would do something with it now.

John Carter Rights Revert back to Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. from Disney

TARZANA CA (PRWEB) OCTOBER 20, 2014

Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. announces that the movie, television and merchandise rights have reverted back to the company. Walt Disney Pictures held the rights and produced the movie JOHN CARTER in 2012. Edgar Rice Burroughs, Inc. will be seeking a new studio to continue this seminal Sci-Fi adventure.

“John Carter of Mars was the creative stimulus behind such movie classics as Superman, Star Wars and Avatar,” said James Sullos, President. “Edgar Rice Burroughs was the Master of Adventure and his literary works continue to enjoy a world-wide following. We will be seeking a new partner to help develop new adventures on film as chronicled in the eleven Mars novels Burroughs wrote. This adventure never stops. Along with a new TARZAN film in development by Warner Bros., we hope to have JOHN CARTER OF MARS become another major franchise to entertain world-wide audiences of all ages.”

In the right hands, this could be a fantastic series of films or a great TV show.

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I liked it. Though how the title was handled (purposely cut out Warlord of Mars to make it less glitzy) and the edits made to make it bland at times are a real bummer. I think the ERB Estate getting the rights back completely (TV, movie, merchandising) was a good move. Though I wish they would do something with it now.

In the right hands, this could be a fantastic series of films or a great TV show.

Puh-leeze... 

ERB Inc's comments are just dripping with sparks in the eye of having some type of shared universe thing across all ERB content in an effort to duplicate Marvel and DC.

Everyone wants a shared universe these days. 

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Puh-leeze... 

ERB Inc's comments are just dripping with sparks in the eye of having some type of shared universe thing across all ERB content in an effort to duplicate Marvel and DC.

What are you on about? ERB influenced many of these stories since 1912, you goof.

:baiting:

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
24 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Puh-leeze... 

Well done properly (or at least reasonably), there's not really a good reason they couldn't make a John Carter series AT LEAST as good as the Witcher (on Netflix), which is reasonably popular.  They could even put it on HBO or Cinemax and make it more 'Adult'.  It might not work universally, but the beauty of media these days is that you can just appeal to niche audiences and be successful.

PERSONALLY, if people are thinking about remaking John Carter, I think I'd rather see a Buck Rogers (tv series) or GI Joe (trilogy of streaming movies). 

Just now, Bosco685 said:

What are you on about? ERB influenced many of these stories since 1912, you goof.

:baiting:

Oh you are correct on that part. 

I am thinking more along the lines that ERB Inc leases the rights for John Carter ALSO to Warner Brothers, under the direction that John Carter will somehow tie into Tarzan once they all meet up in the center of the Earth with the other series ERB created. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Oh you are correct on that part. 

I am thinking more along the lines that ERB Inc leases the rights for John Carter ALSO to Warner Brothers, under the direction that John Carter will somehow tie into Tarzan once they all meet up in the center of the Earth with the other series ERB created. 

John Carter all by itself, with enough studio commitment and creativity, would be a huge Game of Thrones-like production. It would be so cool if the estate ever pulls off relaunching the story in a film series or TV show.

38 minutes ago, evilskip said:

I have no idea. The special effects looked fine to me.

Supposedly you can tell if you caught these things, which are being fixed now.

And if you are left with these questions. :insane: