• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why I married the perfect woman.....

25 posts in this topic

steve,

it's a nice page, but i just can't seem to bring myself to spend big bucks on a panel page. regardless of who the artist is....unless it was something truly historical and it just kicks me in the gonads......(like Killing Joke or Dark Knight pages.....or Watchmen.) - even Kirby, Adams, Steranko, Byrne, etc......it would have to be a 1/2 splash at least.

Hey, it takes all kinds. I'll be happy to take any lousy panel pages off your hands, cheap!! grin.gif

Besides, I didn't spend big bucks on it, my wife did! 27_laughing.gif (actually DNAgent gave her a nice deal -- thanks, buddy!).

I just thought it was way cool that my wife bought me OA for my birthday. After reading all the threads about how guys wives and girlfriends give them grief about their collecting addiction, I am happy to have an "enabler"! yay.gif

BTW, if Steve would like me to delete my previous posts, then I would be more than happy to,seeing as how it is his thread. hi.gif

hi.gif Nope, I appreciate you coming to my defense. Although I didn't take cgcfan's comments personally.

I just figured he was jealous. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

Heh, the way I see it, one less person to compete with when you're trying to get panel pages smile.gif

Me, I'm an equal opportunity collector, I'll take panel pages, spash pages, covers, pinups, commissions, whatever!

Kudos to your wife though wink.gif

Heh, the way I see it, one less person to compete with when you're trying to get panel pages smile.gif

Me, I'm an equal opportunity collector, I'll take panel pages, spash pages, covers, pinups, commissions, whatever!

Kudos to your wife though wink.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, me too. Actually what I like to do is get consecutive panel pages so you can see a significant part of the story. Sure, I like splashes and half-splashes, and covers (though I don't own a cover....yet), but my own sentimentalism is geared toward the stories. That's why my collection has a number of consecutive page runs. It also makes the "hunt" more complicated, and interesting. To me, anyway. Everybody has their own collecting style.

Consecutive pagaes are cool, and in many occasions indeed tough to get, unless you collect recent comics, which you can contact the artists reps and pre-order a bunch of pages from one issue...

However, obtaining a whole issue of, let's say, one of the Tales of Suspense issues, now that would be quite an accomplishment, and a fun one. Since most pages from that era have the word ballons in them, I think it would be fun to read a whole TOS directly from the original art pages...

Just imagine pulling out the big portfolio, sit on the couch, and read a story... cloud9.gif