• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

House of Mystery 190 $735.00

42 posts in this topic

We all knew it was going to go high, but possibly not that high - there was a lot of interest in that book. GPA only has one other sale of that book listed on their website - a 9.2 that went for $125. But that was three years ago, though.

Genuinely scarce, methinks. Having said that, the underbidder does look decidedly dodgy.

So what do you say if you're marlede? "I was obviously shilled and I'll pay you $5 (or $10 - whatever it is) over the $578 of the third highest bidder?"

Does the $735 go into GPA with any notes? Should I be posting this in the "Ask Greggy" thread? confused-smiley-013.gif

So what do you say if you're marlede? "I was obviously shilled and I'll pay you $5 (or $10 - whatever it is) over the $578 of the third highest bidder?"

Does the $735 go into GPA with any notes? Should I be posting this in the "Ask Greggy" thread? confused-smiley-013.gif

Why would it be a shill? There were 3 last second snipes back to back to back. Plus, given the underbidder's win and how that book fits into his registry, the bid is most likely legit!

Hey, I just noticed your cool Jeff the Drunk avatar! thumbsup2.gif

27_laughing.gif It's funny you say that, because it's really Jesse the Body Ventura from when he did a guest spot on the X-Files. Now that you mention it though, it does kinda look like Jeff the Drunk. I am surprised nobody said anything before!

It's a comic from the 70s put out by a major publisher...it can't be THAT scarce in decent grade.

Well, Sterling (wherever he is these days) has certainly mentioned that it was the toughest book of the HOM run to get in HG.

I'd have to say that if it wasn't for the BA Forum I wouldn't have noticed that I never actually had a copy of that book in my inventory in any grade (I've got one now, though). Unusually scarce for a BA book from a major publisher.

Time will tell if this price doesn't bring a few more extant copies into the fray.....

Why would it be a shill?

Because of the gay-azz name and 0 feedback? confused.gif

If you are referring that it's a "shill" because it's another bidding account for someone more high profile, yes, it's probably him. Dunno why he chose another new account, as he already had a bidding account! gossip.gif If you are saying shill to bump up the price for the seller, I doubt it.

Why would it be a shill?

Because of the gay-azz name and 0 feedback? confused.gif

If you are referring that it's a "shill" because it's another bidding account for someone more high profile, yes, it's probably him. Dunno why he chose another new account, as he already had a bidding account! gossip.gif If you are saying shill to bump up the price for the seller, I doubt it.

Gotcha. thumbsup2.gif

I just thought the name was an allusion to screwing someone over (especially with 0 feedback snipes), I wasn't thinking it was a real id. I think I have it now. Thanks greggy.

YOU WIN! WISH GRANTED! Christo_pull_hair.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I was gonna just say "I'll quit bugging you about your avatar - I'm not even amusing myself anymore." acclaim.gif

YOU WIN! WISH GRANTED! Christo_pull_hair.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif I was gonna just say "I'll quit bugging you about your avatar - I'm not even amusing myself anymore." acclaim.gif

I switched it to his picture from high school. I can't decide which one is funniest. 27_laughing.gif

I switched it to his picture from high school. I can't decide which one is funniest. 27_laughing.gif

He looks like he might be Jeff the Mildly Alcoholic Stoner at that age. I love when he says, "You l'il bish."