• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

comic conventions in NY?

10 posts in this topic

Who's going to the Con this weekend? I plan to be there...want to meet Neal Adams and shop around for some original art. I also want to see Dave (Dam60) perform in the Gong Show Talent Competition again as he tries to win free tickets to X2!! Those of you who didn't see his stunning rendition of "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" at the last Con don't know what you're missing!

Gene

Maybe somebody who is going to the con will be so kind as to video tape it for those of us who can not make it. I would love to see somebody from this forum make a boob, er win tickets! smile.gif

Just got back from today's Big Apple Con...I showed up in the p.m. and it wasn't that crowded. Talked with Steve Borock, Blazing Bob and Billy Tucci, though I have to say the highlight was meeting Jim Steranko for the first time and talking with him for about 45 minutes! He related a lot of different stories and anecdotes...very cool guy, made me feel like he knew me for years. He says that he hopes to do the November show as well, so mark your calendars. Alex Maleev was also at the show, doing inked headshots for $50 or full characters for $100...I saw a couple that he did, which were amazingly good and took up the whole page including simple backgrounds...$100 was a total bargain. If I had more time, I definitely would have gotten one.

Gene