• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G/S/B books that I need to clean out while snowed in *CLOSED*
4 4

128 posts in this topic

Crime Fighting Detective 16, 1951, 2.5Q - (I BELIEVE) non-story page missing. There are only 7 pages before the CF and 8 after. No interruptions that I can tell in the stories. Otherwise, a well loved copy. Spine split nearly up to the bottom staple. LB Cole cover. Note a couple pieces missing from the back. One of the interior pages has some damage/missing pieces from the margin too.

$20...less than I paid since I trusted the dealer when I bought it :tonofbricks:

**SOLD**

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Hand Of Fate 10, 1952, 3.0, tape pull top right, worn spine, some tanning to edges of interior covers, flat, complete, attached. I thought I was going to pursue this title, but I have found other pre-code stuff that I am chasing more right now, so selling this orphan. 

$45

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Thrilling Crime 44, 1951, LB Cole crime cover again, this one looks pretty good if you ignore the upper right corner. Something got after it pretty good up there. Affects every page to a decreasing amount from front to back. Otherwise would be 4.5 or even 5.0, I think. As such, I am saying 1.8. Please review this one for yourself.

$20  **SOLD**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Crime Mysteries 11, 1954, 3.0, small piece missing top right corner, couple small tears to bottom edge, 1/4" spine split at top, pencil in the "M" in Crime and "1954" with a circle in the "C", some fading. Otherwise flat and tight. No major issues. Not in a hurry to sell this one, but I'll throw a price on it to possibly help my pursuit of a couple books. 

$115

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Jet Fighters 5, 2.0, cover detached, then re-attached with glue (I believe) along the back side of the book. Otherwise, better than the grade, with rougher top edge, but good color and minimal surface wear. Pages are pretty white too. Somehow I ended up with two copies of this book without realizing it. 

$10

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Bugs Bunny 86, 80 page squarebound, 5.5 or maybe even 6.0, crease bottom right corner, some spine stress lines, some surface wear to back. But, for a black, cardstock cover, this is pretty sharp. There is a smudge that runs from below the strings on the cello down through Bugs' right foot. I think it's production, but can't be certain. Similar mark on the back through the cello makes me think production related. Please adjust accordingly.

$8

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Fantastic Four 62, 1967, 4.5, 1st Blastaar. Looks nicer at first with great reds, and a flat cover. But, some damage to the spine about 1.5" above the bottom staple hurts it. Still a great looking copy of a reasonably hot book.

$16  **SOLD**

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Ok, I'll take these at 20% off...

Archie 180, 1968, groovy suggestive cover, 5.5, light general wear, white pages. $6
Fantastic Four 96, 1970, 4.5, creasing and reading wear to right edge of front cover, spine in better shape than that side, small stain top of back cover. $5
The Cougar 1, 1975, 6.0, couple corner creases to bottom right, edge wear, back cover needs a cleaning. $3

...and these...

Archie's Pal Jughead 75, 1961, Ronnie swimsuit cover, 5.0 with dust shadow, and a couple chips to cover. Was $10, NOW $8

Fantastic Four 62, 1967, 4.5, 1st Blastaar. Looks nicer at first with great reds, and a flat cover. But, some damage to the spine about 1.5" above the bottom staple hurts it. Still a great looking copy of a reasonably hot book.  $16
FREE Pep Comics 270, 1972, Ronnie bikini cover, 5.0, bottom corner damage to front cover, spine wear and color wear/transfer.