• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATMAN # 11 PREDICTIONS...winners gets a Kewpie !

70 posts in this topic

My guesstimate is 195 K (with the vig)

I WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't your un-edited prediction at something like $425K? Might this be a sign that you are just a bit delusional over-optimistic about the value of this kind of art?

And, didn't you predict that the Action covers would sell for well over 100% more than the final hammer prices as well? confused-smiley-013.gif

My guesstimate is 195 K (with the vig)

I WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't your un-edited prediction at something like $425K? Might this be a sign that you are just a bit <s>delusional</s> over-optimistic about the value of this kind of art?

And, didn't you predict that the Action covers would sell for well over 100% more than the final hammer prices as well? confused-smiley-013.gif

Delicatessen,

You must be one boring fu$k in real life.

I think it is quite obvious OA did excepttionally well. You are merely 'spinning like a top'.

childrensicon.gif

krazy:

you did over project the value of the art, and while I think your enthusiasm for original art is nice, it's ridiculous your hyperbolic over estimation of prices. Likewise, your remarks sound like they are coming from somebody who is always looking through rose colored glasses and it's hard to take your comments with any seriousness. Sadly, you probably have something positive to contribute. Too bad I know of nobody who takes with even a grain of seriousness.

Boring response. From a boring person.

Coming from you, holed up in Queens like a recluse with your original art collection, that is laughable. I don't care if your collection is worth $10 or the $10 million you claim, you're still a one-dimensional broken record. Until you can actually hold a conversation without it degenerating into propaganda for original art, you shouldn't even think about calling someone else "boring". And, even then, you should consider that I and just about everyone else on this Board have accomplished and experienced more than someone who's sole claim to fame is (allegedly) buying a bunch of comic book artwork. flamed.gif

Boring response. From a boring person.

Coming from you, holed up in Queens like a recluse with your original art collection, that is laughable. I don't care if your collection is worth $10 or the $10 million you claim, you're still a one-dimensional broken record. Until you can actually hold a conversation without it degenerating into propaganda for original art, you shouldn't even think about calling someone else "boring". And, even then, you should consider that I and just about everyone else on this Board have accomplished and experienced more than someone who's sole claim to fame is (allegedly) buying a bunch of comic book artwork. flamed.gif

Yawwwwwn. Too little - to late.

And I dont live in Queens you numb-nut.

Moreover,...I am APART from my OA collection...undoubtedly more successful in business than you, hands-down. You are merely an expense on someone elses balance sheet you DIP. I am so much BIGGER than you in every measurable sense of the word 'success'.

And until you learn to get off your 'high-falootin' high-horse,..you will still be the little geeky, self-righteous nerd you've always been.

It's funny that you can make these claims without offering any kind of justification as well as without knowing anything about me. If you did know anything about me, your claims would be even more laughable. Oh well, I guess it really is true that you can create any kind of persona and hide behind it on the Internet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And pardon me for thinking that you live in Queens considering you just advertised your garage sale in Flushing, NY in the "Comic Events" section. Even if that's a flea market and not your home address, I doubt you or anyone else would be coming from far away to set up there.

Delicatessen,

You have ZERO qualifications in the OA market, yet...you believe because you work on 'Da Street' that you have "special insights". The crux of your argument is "trees dont grow forever - nothing grows 20%annually forever - OA is overpriced because 10 years ago it was worth so little" - I am amazed that someone who professes himself to be a 'market guy' can be so 'thick'.

Secondly, when we leave the land of 'Financial Theory',..you have your second argument - "OA is not fine art - OA cant stand up to Renoir - OA artists are quaint but technically irrelevant in the world of art".

So,...puhllleze,.....if you think Im a pumper,..you are no doubt,..a basher. And it was obvious from day 1 when you started throwing around all your "Euro-experiences" that you thought you were better than everyone else so I dont have to know you,..I know your type. AND,...that avatar,..ugghhhhh !

Lastly,....my garage sale in Flushing was at my Mamama's house - I am a recluse of another Borough.

It never ceases to amaze me how little you know about anything. Your ad hominem attacks and straw man arguments are not accomplishing anything other than solidifying your position as the Board's resident village insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

As for having "zero qualifications in the OA market", I'm not sure what you mean. Is there some college or academy that I have to attend in order to be qualified to opine on comic book art and the comic book art market? Or do I have to buy a Romita ASM cover before I can join your elite OA circle jerk? You don't know what or who I know, so get down off your soapbox and cool it with the lies, hyperbole and misinformation and go crawl back in your hole.

AND,...that avatar,..ugghhhhh !

Speaking of which. What is your avatar, Gene?

I know I've seen that character before, but I can't remember where. It's been bugging me for a year.

BTW - if you Google Image "delekkerste", this is one of the top hits. smirk.gif